Sponsorship Opportunities and Super Saver Discounts Now Available
PLEASANTON, California – August 13, 2012 – Percona LLC, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, announced that the Call for Speakers for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013 is open and accepting speaker proposals through October 12, 2012. The 2013 event will be held at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center, from April 22-25.
Formerly the MySQL Conference & Expo hosted by O’Reilly and Associates, the 2012 Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo was widely regarded as one of the best MySQL-focused conferences in years. With sponsorship and speakers from some of the world’s most admired brands, including Diamond Sponsors HP, Amazon Web Services, McAfee, Clustrix, and Akiban and additional sponsors Craigslist, Facebook, Google, and many more, the conference was enthusiastically received by more than 1,000 attendees, many of whom praised the breadth and caliber of the sessions. The conference was so popular that Percona added a fourth day to the 2013 conference schedule.
Proposals are being accepted for both conference breakout sessions as well as pre-conference tutorial sessions:
- The conference committee is especially interested in receiving detailed proposals that fit into the likely conference tracks of Developing Applications, Database Administration, Trends in Architecture and Design, Tools, Utilizing Hardware, New Features, Best Practices for Businesses, Replication, and High Availability Strategies. Each session is 50 minutes in length including a Q&A period.
- Tutorials should present immediate and practical applications of in-depth MySQL knowledge targeted at a level between a training class and a conference breakout session. Tutorials are three or six hours in length including a Q&A period.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013 are available. Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 developers, business managers, technology evangelists, database administrators, and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Sponsors already committed to the event include:
Planning to Attend?
Take advantage of discounted registration rates now available for multiple Percona Live events:
- Super Saver registration discounts for Percona Live London 2012 are available until August 31, 2012.
- Early Bird registration discounts for Percona Live New York 2012 are available until August 31, 2012.
- Super Saver registration discounts for Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013 are available until October 12, 2012.
Visit the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013 website for more information about the conference. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013.
|What:||Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2013|
|Where:||The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
|When:||April 22-25, 2013|
|Call for Papers Deadline:||October 12, 2012|
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
About Percona LLC
Percona LLC has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.