Amazon Web Services, Bloomberg, Continuent, EnterpriseDB, Facebook, Intel, Veritas, VividCortex and Yelp Among the Sponsors of This Year’s Event
RALEIGH, North Carolina – May 9, 2019 – Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the keynote addresses for the eighth annual Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019, taking place May 28-30, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas. Limited sponsorship opportunities are still available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019 is the premier open source database event. Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
This year’s keynotes explore a broad range of open source database topics, including how cloud and open source database adoption accelerates business growth, today’s most innovative emerging technologies, the importance of MySQL 8.0, the growing popularity of PostgreSQL, and much more. The keynotes include:
- The State of Open Source Databases – It has been an exciting year in the open source database industry, with more choice, more cloud, and key changes in the industry. In his keynote address, Peter Zaitsev of Percona will dive into the key developments over the last year, including the most important open source database software releases, the significance of “cloud-native” solutions in a multi-vendor multi-cloud world, the new criticality of security challenges, the evolution of the open source software industry, and interesting new results from a new open source database survey.
- MyRocks in the Real World – In this keynote, Yoshinori Matsunobu of Facebook will share interesting lessons learned from Facebook's production deployment and operations of MyRocks and future MyRocks development roadmaps.
- MariaDB 10.4, Where We Are Now – Vicențiu Ciorbaru of the MariaDB Foundation will discuss the mission of the MariaDB Foundation and all of its achievements, while highlighting the latest contributions and functionality in MariaDB 10.4.
- TiDB 3.0: What's New and What's Next – In this keynote, Ed Huang of PingCAP will discuss TiDB, a popular open source distributed NewSQL database, the current status of the TiDB community, the core features of TiDB 3.0, and the roadmap to make TiDB a true distributed HTAP database.
- Open Source at Amazon – Customer obsession is one of the key leadership principles at Amazon. We innovate on our customers’ behalf and focus on solving their problems. Over the years, customer usage and dependencies on open source technologies have been steadily increasing. In his keynote, Arun Gupta of Amazon Web Services will discuss Amazon’s commitment to open source and what drives Amazon’s active participation in open-source communities.
- The State of the Dolphin – Where are we with MySQL 8.0 one year after GA? How was the journey? How has the Community impacted the roadmap? Frederic Descamps (LeFred) of Oracle will discuss this and more during his keynote session on MySQL and its commitment to performance, stability and innovation.
- The Color of Open Source Money — Are Some Open Source Business Models More Acceptable than Others? – In his keynote, Eero Teerikorpi of Continuent will examine and offer his perspective on a variety of open source business models and how they generate revenue.
- Bringing DevOps To The Database – Baron Schwartz of VividCortex will discuss how applying DevOps principles and practices to the database can make software development processes faster, better and cheaper. This keynote will explore real-life stories of teams that successfully changed their entrenched culture, workflows and tooling to include DevOps — and others who tried. Topics include what research shows about DevOps, databases and company performance; as well as current and emerging trends in how we build/manage data tiers and the implications.
- From Respected by DBAs to Loved by Application Developers – Ten years ago, Postgres was a safe and stable database, but not at the same level of user friendliness or rich feature set as other databases. This has changed. In his keynote, Craig Kerstiens of Microsoft will examine the Postgres journey and how it went from “respected by DBAs” to “beloved by application developers” and what the next five years may hold.
"Continuent, the MySQL Availability Company, and its team are looking forward to discussions with attendees on building geo-distributed, multi-master MySQL, MariaDB and Percona Server environments - on-premises, hybrid-cloud, and multi-cloud - using Tungsten Clustering,” said Eero Teerikorp, CEO of Continuent. “Continuent is best known for its state-of-the-art Continuous Operations, High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions and our team will be happy to share its knowledge on these topics and more at the conference."
"Today's data-intensive businesses require database observability to meet customer needs," said Amena Ali, CEO of VividCortex, a premier provider of database performance monitoring. "We're proud to provide industry leaders – including DraftKings, Etsy, GitHub, SendGrid, Yelp and hundreds of others – with deep insights into database workload and query response so engineers can improve application speed, efficiency, and up-time. We look forward to showing Percona Live attendees how VividCortex can help them troubleshoot database issues and streamline code deployment to increase customer satisfaction."
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship details. Current sponsors include:
- Diamond – Continuent, VividCortex
- Platinum – Amazon Web Services, Veritas
- Gold – EnterpriseDB, Shannon Systems
- Silver – Aiven, Altinity, All Things Open, Facebook, Galera Cluster, Intel Optane, MySQL, PingCAP, ProxySQL, Pythian, ScaleGrid, SmartStyle, Vendita
- Branding – Bloomberg, Yelp
- Community Dinner - Planet Scale
- Community Contributing Sponsors - Free Software Foundation, MariaDB Foundation
- Media Sponsors – Austin Technology Council
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019
Where: Hyatt Regency Austin
When: May 28-30, 2019
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.