Comprehensive, Fixed-Fee Service Helps Any IT Organization Ensure MongoDB Administration Best Practices Without the Need for Expensive In-House Resources
DURHAM, North Carolina – Nov. 19, 2015 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced Percona Remote DBA for MongoDB, a service that provides organizations with comprehensive, around-the-clock database administrator (DBA) expertise. Remote DBA for MongoDB enables Percona’s industry-leading team of experts to log into a customer’s MongoDB servers remotely to fix database problems, apply operational best practices to optimize performance and availability, and immediately respond to alerts. The service also includes architecture and design advice, as well as project assistance and outsourcing. Percona has offered its popular Remote DBA for MySQL service for nearly three years.
With Percona Remote DBA for MongoDB, organizations can avoid the cost of hiring an expensive full-time DBA or provide coverage for off-hours to reduce the risk of overworked staff introducing management errors that compromise database efficiency and application performance. Percona Remote DBA for MongoDB is offered for a fixed monthly fee based on deployment size and includes an unlimited number of issues, eliminating budgetary surprises and offering a clear return on investment. Percona Remote DBA for MongoDB will be available in January of 2016.
- Remote DBA for MongoDB is available for clients using MongoDB Core, MongoDB Sharding, and MongoDB engines including PerconaFT, RocksDB, WiredTiger and MMAPv2. Additional engines will be supported in the future.
- The service includes database backups, backup restoration, onboarding and periodic audits, proactive tuning and maintenance, database and systems verification, sharding, and provisioning and configuration.
- Remote DBA for MongoDB features flexible contact methods, unlimited operational tasks, and a 15-minute SLA for Severity 1 issues.
- Benefits of the service include immediate system performance improvements and a dramatic reduction in critical incidents, cost-effective outsourcing and staff augmentation, access to Percona’s entire team of industry-leading data performance and DBA experts, and peace of mind that comes from knowing the database is tuned, optimized, and monitored around the clock for security and performance.
- Percona Remote DBA for MongoDB is offered for a fixed monthly fee based on deployment size and includes an unlimited number of issues.
- Percona began Remote DBA for MySQL in February of 2013 and has worked with more than 100 organizations, with 75 percent maintaining their contracts for more than two years.
- Percona Remote DBA for MongoDB will be available in January of 2016.
Scott Foster, Co-founder and VP of Technology, Munzee
“Before Percona, our database was liable to go down at any time. With Remote DBA, we can rapidly scale our business and I don’t have to worry about the database at all. In addition, having access to Percona’s deep administration expertise costs far less than a full-time DBA, and it’s a greater value. A single full-time DBA can’t work 24 x 7. Percona is always on the job.”
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“At a time when mission-critical high performance databases are still very difficult to build and keep tuned as requirements change, top-quality MongoDB DBAs are expensive, hard to find, and even harder to keep. Like our popular Remote DBA for MySQL service, Remote DBA for MongoDB is perfect for the increasing number of companies that demand the highest levels of database performance for their applications but can’t afford to hire a DBA rock star.”
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.