Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available, Early Bird Registration Discounts Available Through Jan. 8, 2017
RALEIGH, North Carolina – Dec. 19, 2016 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today provided a sneak peek at the breakout sessions, and announced the full tutorial schedule and MySQL and MongoDB 101 Workshops for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017 taking place April 24-27, 2017, at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center. Sponsorship opportunities are still available, and Early Bird Registration Discounts can be purchased through Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. PST.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017 is the premier event for the diverse and active open source community. It is the place to be for open source software developers and users, as well as businesses that develop and use open source software. Topics for the event will focus on three key areas – MySQL, MongoDB and open source databases.
Conference breakout sessions will take place April 25-27 and feature a range of in-depth talks related to each of the key areas. Breakout session examples include:
- Open Source Databases
Day one of the conference has a range of in-depth, hands-on tutorials that are three hours in length and feature a Q&A. Example tutorials include:
- MySQL InnoDB Cluster & Group Replication in a Nutshell: Hands-on Tutorial, Frédéric Descamps, Oracle, and Kenny Gryp, Percona
- Best Practices for MySQL High Availability in 2017, Colin Charles, Percona
- How to Analyze and Tune MySQL Queries for Better Performance, Øystein Grøvlen, Oracle
- MySQL Performance Schema in Action, Alexander Rubin and Sveta Smirnova, Percona
- MySQL Document Store: SQL and NoSQL United, Giuseppe Maxia, VMware
- MySQL 8.0 Optimizer Guide, Morgan Tocker, Oracle
- InnoDB Architecture and Performance Optimization, Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- MongoDB – Sharded Cluster Tutorial, Antonios Giannopoulos, Rackspace, and Jason Terpko, ObjectRocket by Rackspace
MySQL 101 Workshop sessions take place April 25. Example workshop sessions include:
- Schema Best Practices/High Performance SQL
- Indexes – What You Need to Know to Get the Most Out of Them
- Best Practices for MySQL Performance & Troubleshooting with the Aid of Percona Monitoring and Management
- Choosing a MySQL High Availability Solution
- Deploying MySQL in Production
- Security and Encryption in the MySQL World
MongoDB 101 Workshop sessions take place April 26. Example workshop sessions include:
- MongoDB and MySQL: JSON, Document Store Perspectives
- Efficient CRUD Queries in MongoDB
- MongoDB Engines: Demystified
- MongoDB Security: Making Things Secure by Default
- What Alert Checks Should I Have for MongoDB? What Graphs?
- Percona Server for MongoDB – Enterprise Features Made Open
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with more than 1,000 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Current sponsors include:
- Silver – Yelp
- Exhibitor - AgilData, Codership, ScaleDB, Severalnines, VividCortex, ScaleArc
- Reception Sponsor – Booking.com
- Media - CMSWire, InsideBigData, InsideHPC, Packt, Women Who Code
Planning to Attend?
Early Bird Registration Discounts for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017 are available through Jan. 8, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. PST.
Visit the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017 website for more information about the conference.
Percona Live Conferences
WHAT: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2017
WHERE: The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center - 5101 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA 95054
WHEN: April 24-27, 2017
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.