Early Bird Registration Discounts Available Until February 4, 2018, Sponsorship Opportunities Are Available.
RALEIGH, North Carolina – Jan. 15, 2018 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® and other open source database solutions and services, today revealed a sneak peek of breakout sessions for the Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018, taking place April 23-25, 2018 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. Early Bird registration discounts are available until February 4, 2018, and sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is “Championing Open Source Databases,” with a range of topics on MySQL, MongoDB and other open source databases, including time series databases, PostgreSQL and RocksDB. Session tracks include Developers, Operations and Business/Case Studies. A major conference focus will be providing strategies to help attendees meet their business goals by deploying the right mix of database solutions to obtain the performance they need while managing complexity.
Conference breakout sessions will feature a range of in-depth talks related to each of the key areas. Breakout session examples include:
- Database Security as a Function: Scaling to Your Organization's Needs – Laine Campbell, Fastly
- How to Use JSON in MySQL Wrong – Bill Karwin, Square
- Scaling a High Traffic Database: Moving Tables Across Clusters – Bryana Knight, GitHub
- MySQL: How to Save Bandwidth – Georgi Kodinov, Oracle
- MyRocks Roadmaps and Production Deployment at Facebook – Yoshinori Matsunobu, Facebook
- Securing Your Data on PostgreSQL – Payal Singh, OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc.
- The Accidental DBA – Jenni Snyder, Yelp
- How Microsoft Built MySQL, PostgreSQL and MariaDB for the Cloud – Jun Su, Microsoft
- MongoDB Cluster Topology, Management and Optimization – Steven Wang, Tesla
- Ghostferry: A Data Migration Tool for Incompatible Cloud Platforms – Shuhao Wu, Shopify, Inc.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship details.
Percona Live Conference Details
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2018 Where: Santa Clara, California. When: April 23-25, 2018
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.