DURHAM, North Carolina – Sept. 10, 2015 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced the keynote speakers and topics for Percona Live Europe 2015, a three-day conference focused on the MySQL, NoSQL and data in the cloud ecosystems. Percona Live Europe will be held September 21-23, 2015, at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre.
Percona Live Europe 2015 is the premier event for the open source community, as well as businesses that thrive in the MySQL, NoSQL, cloud, big data and Internet of Things (IoT) marketplaces. Attendees include DBAs, sysadmins, developers, architects, CTOs, CEOs, and vendors from around the world.
“I’m thrilled with the caliber of our keynote speakers and the depth and reach of their topics,” said Peter Zaitsev, co-founder and CEO of Percona. “The expanded technology scope, combination of keynotes, session topics, tutorials, community events, and exciting location makes this the most educational and fun Percona Live Conference we’ve ever held in Europe.”
Keynote Speakers and Topics
The Percona Live Europe 2015 keynote speakers and topics include:
- MC Brown, VMware Continuent, “Tungsten Replicator, More Open Than Ever!”: This talk will explain why a heterogeneous data replication solution is necessary to effectively move data between both databases and datacenters.
- Kristian Köhntopp, Syseleven GmbH, “The Virtues of Boring Technology”: This talk will rely on experiences at Booking.com to highlight why "boring" technology makes sense for organizations that are busy managing growth.
- Geir Hoydalsvik, Oracle, “MySQL 5.7: 20 years in the making!”: MySQL 5.7 is on its way to GA. This talk covers major developments including JSON, Optimizer Hints, Query Rewrite, Optimizer Cost Model, GIS, InnoDB, Group Replication, Fabric, Performance Schema, Sys Schema, Workbench and much more!
- Mark Callaghan, Facebook, “MySQL and MongoDB for web-scale data management”: This talk will ignore debates over legacy vs. new, NoSQL/NewSQL vs. SQL or relational vs. document data models. I want a solution for sharded replica sets that is efficient, performant and manageable. I have a wish list for features. How close will MySQL and MongoDB get to making this easier in the next few years?
- Peter Zaitsev, Percona, “Percona: Your Partner in Optimizing Data Performance”: This talk will focus on the growth of open source products in the enterprise and the importance of using the right open source tools and technology for each job rather than being locked into a proprietary solution. Learn how Percona is a true open source partner that helps you optimize your data performance to better run your business.
- Keynote Panel featuring Jim Doherty, Percona (Moderator); Kenny Gorman, Rackspace; Mark Callaghan, Facebook; Ian Meyers, Amazon Web Services; and Peter Zaitsev, Percona, “The Next Disruptive Technology: What Comes After the Cloud and Big Data?”: With the Cloud and Big Data transitioning from “next big things” to broadly deployed operational technologies we think it’s a good time to look a few years out and speculate about what may prove to be the next big technology disruption. So what’s next?
“Booking.com gives to and takes from the MySQL community,” said Brendan Bank, CIO of booking.com. “We are part of it and proud to be part of it. As Percona Live Amsterdam is held in our backyard this year we are excited to be there!”
“VMware has sponsored Percona Live events for over ten years. We are continuing our relationship with the organization by serving as a Diamond Sponsor of this year’s Percona Live Europe Amsterdam,” said Eero Teerikorpi, Sr. Director of Strategic Alliances for Cloud Services, VMware. “The event is a meeting place for Europe’s diverse MySQL and NoSQL community who use VMware’s Continuent Solutions to bring the power of advanced clustering and replication to MySQL and deliver complete transaction processing and analytics.”
- On Monday evening, September 21, SportPesa, Africa’s #1 sports betting platform, is hosting the Opening Party at the Delirium Cafe across the street from the conference venue. The party, which follows the day’s tutorial sessions, will kick off the Percona Live Europe Conference and feature giveaways, games, top prizes and beer!
- On Tuesday evening, September 22, Percona Live Diamond Sponsor Booking.com will host the Community Dinner at the company’s headquarters located in historic Rembrandt Square in the heart of Amsterdam. After the day’s breakout sessions, attendees will be picked up outside the venue and taken to the dinner by canal boats! Space is limited so attendees should sign up as soon as possible.
Current sponsors include:
- Diamond – VMware Continuent, booking.com
- Platinum – Facebook, Rackspace, DailyMotion
- Gold – SolarWinds, Codership
- Exhibitors – MariaDB, Severalnines, Redis Labs, SportPesa, VividCortex
- Additional sponsors – Webyog, Yelp, Tesora, Devart
- Media – Business Cloud News, Computerworld UK, Database Trends & Applications, Datanami, InfoQ, Linux Journal, O'Reilly Media, QCon, TechWorld
Planning to Attend?
Visit the Percona Live Europe 2015 website for more information about the conference and to register. Interested community members can also sign up to receive email updates about Percona Live Europe 2015.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Europe 2015
Where: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
When: September 21-23, 2015
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.