Percona to Resell VividCortex Database Performance Monitoring Suite to Enable Better Visibility and Data Performance
DURHAM, North Carolina – Dec. 3, 2015 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced a partnership with VividCortex, the first unified suite of performance monitoring tools specifically designed for today's high performance databases. Percona will resell VividCortex to provide enterprise users of Percona Server for MySQL and Percona Server for MongoDB with improved visibility and greater insights into their database performance. Percona support technicians and managed service administrators will also have access to VividCortex to help optimize their customers’ applications.
Percona offers software solutions, as well as support, consulting and managed services, to help enterprises maximize database application performance, eliminate performance issues, and scale their database deployments, all while driving down costs. Cloud-based VividCortex is the easiest, safest, and most detailed way to monitor the performance of Percona Server for MySQL and Percona Server for MongoDB in the enterprise. VividCortex measures every query, every process, and every metric in industry-leading 1-second resolution, with no performance impact to the system itself.
- Percona will resell VividCortex as a value-added monitoring solution.
- Insights provided by VividCortex make it faster and easier to tune and optimize system performance and detect and eliminate performance issues.
- VividCortex will become another tool that Percona Support Technicians and Managed Service Administrators can access to gain far greater insight into their customers’ database deployments.
- VividCortex is cloud-based, so there is no equipment or software to buy, provision, or maintain. VividCortex auto-discovers with a one-line install command.
- VividCortex delivers:
- Superior visibility into query-level performance to pinpoint optimization efforts.
- Unprecedented granularity, with the ability to identify performance fluctuations down to a 1-second resolution.
- Smart anomaly detection using advance statistics and machine learning to reduce false-positives and make alerts meaningful and actionable.
- Unique collaboration tools, enabling developers to answer many of their own questions and freeing DBAs to be more responsive and proactive.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“VividCortex is perfectly aligned with our goal of enabling organizations of all sizes to affordably deploy and maintain highly scalable, high performance database environments. The solution allows DBAs to achieve optimal execution while eliminating issues faster and more effectively – all without a major impact on budgets and resources.”
Baron Schwartz, Founder and CEO, VividCortex
“If you are not monitoring queries, you are not really monitoring your database. VividCortex is the first solution that provides deep insight into actual data performance to allow greater optimization and issue avoidance. The combination of Percona’s open source MySQL and MongoDB software and VividCortex’s cloud-based monitoring solution creates the most cost-effective way to manage a high performance database environment.”
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.