Provides MongoDB community with an opportunity to engage in more creative and productive dialogue with open source supporters
DURHAM, North Carolina – June 7, 2016 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced a Community Open House for MongoDB on Thursday, June 30, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Park Central Hotel in New York City. Scheduled on the day following the end of MongoDB World, the free event will feature technical presentations and sessions from key members of the MongoDB open source community. Registration is now open.
The Community Open House for MongoDB features expert speakers from ObjectRocket by Rackspace, Facebook, Appboy, Severalnines, Percona and The Washington Post. The full agenda includes:
- My First Moments with MongoDB – Colin Charles
- Doing More With Less with RocksDB and MongoRocks at Facebook – Islam AbdelRahman, Facebook
- WiredTiger Scalability and Performance Optimization – Vadim Tkachenko, Percona
- Road Ahead for MongoDB at Percona – Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- MongoDB Scalability Best Practices – David Murphy, Percona and Jason Terpko, ObjectRocket by Rackspace
- How to Automate, Monitor and Manage Existing MongoDB Servers – Art van Scheppingen, Severalnines
- Tracking Billions of App Installs with MongoDB – Jon Hyman, Appboy
- Open Source Monitoring for MongoDB – Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- Using MongoDB and NodeJS to Build Better Forms at The Washington Post – Kat Styons, The Washington Post
- Open Source Backups for MongoDB – David Murphy, Percona
- From Startup to Success with Managed MongoDB – Daniel Lopretto and James Gibbs, Meterfeeder
- MongoDB for MySQL Developers and DBAs – Alex Rubin, Percona
- Running MongoDB in the Cloud for IoT and Social Media Data – Kim Wilkins, ObjectRocket by Rackspace and Alex Rubin, Percona
- Open Source Security for MongoDB – Tim Banks, ObjectRocket and Christian Rober, Percona
A networking reception will follow from 4:30-6:30 featuring an interactive virtual reality data visualization demo by Kineviz.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.