Sponsorship Opportunities for First Percona Live Conference Held in Austin, Texas, Still Available, Advanced Registration Discounts End on April 21, 2019
RALEIGH, North Carolina – March 21, 2019 – Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the conference sessions and tutorial schedule for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019, taking place May 28-30, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Advanced registration discounts end on April 21, 2019.
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed, enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. An unbiased, trusted partner, Percona provides single-source expertise in multi-vendor environments to help organizations eliminate lock-in, increase agility and enable business growth.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019 is the premier open source database event. The theme for the upcoming conference is “Connect. Accelerate. Innovate.” Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
Major areas of focus at this year’s conference will include:
- MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Other Open Source Databases
- Java Development for Open Source Databases
- Database Security & Compliance
- Automation & AI
- Observability & Monitoring
- Polyglot Persistence
- Migration to Open Source Databases
- Business & Enterprise
- Innovative Technologies
Conference Session Schedule
Conference sessions will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, May 29-30, and will feature in-depth talks by industry experts. Conference session examples include:
- The MySQL Query Optimizer Explained Through Optimizer Trace – Øystein Grøvlen, Alibaba Cloud
- The State of Databases in 2019 – Dinesh Joshi, Apache Cassandra
- MongoDB Compatible Document Layer on FoundationDB – Bhaskar Muppana, Apple Inc.
- Kafka on Kubernetes: Does It Really Have to Be "The Hard Way"? – Viktor Gamov, Confluent
- Errant GTIDs Breaking Replication: How to Detect and Avoid Them – Dieter Adriaenssens, Ghent University
- Operations -> SRE -> AIOps For Data Professionals – David Murphy, Huawei
- MariaDB Security Features and Best Practices – Robert Bindar, MariaDB Foundation
- InnoDB Management and Scalability Improvements in MySQL 8.0 – Sunny Bains, Oracle
- Journey of MySQL at PayPal – Dong Wang and Ashwin Nellore, PayPal Holdings Inc.
- Best Practices for Migrating MySQL to the Cloud – Juan Pablo Arruti, Percona
- Getting Started with PostgreSQL – Gabriel Ciciliani, Pythian
- Upgrading to MongoDB 4.0 From Older Versions – Alex Cercel, Rackspace
- Databases at Scale, at Square – Emily Slocombe, Square
- Backing Up Data in the Age of Security Compliance and Security Breaches –
- Aleksandr Kuzminsky, TwinDB
- Automated Database Monitoring at Uber With M3 and Prometheus – Rob Skillington and Richard Artoul, Uber
- Optimizing Database Performance and Efficiency – Baron Schwartz, VividCortex
- OSS Shaping the Future of Privacy and Data Protection – Cristina DeLisle, XWiki SAS
The 2019 conference will also feature a special conference track on PingCap.
Tutorials will take place throughout the day on Tuesday May 28, 2019. Tutorial session examples include:
- Expert MariaDB: Harness the Strengths of MariaDB Server – Colin Charles, GrokOpen
- MongoDB Sharded Cluster Tutorial – Paul Agombin, ObjectRocket and Maythee Uthenpong, Rackspace
- Open Source Database Performance Optimization and Monitoring with Percona Monitoring and Management – Michael Coburn, Percona
- InnoDB Architecture and Optimization for MySQL 8.0 – Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- Hands on ProxySQL – René Cannaò, ProxySQL
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship details. Current sponsors include:
- Diamond – Continuent, VividCortex
- Platinum – Veritas
- Silver – MySQL, PingCAP, Altinity
- Branding – Bloomberg
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference 2019
Where: Hyatt Regency Austin
When: May 28-30, 2019
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.