Next Percona Live Event Scheduled for Amsterdam, September 21-23, 2015—Call for Speakers Open
DURHAM, North Carolina – May 12, 2015 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today discussed the success of its fourth annual Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015, which was held April 13-16, 2015, at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center.
A record number of attendees—more than 1,200—from around the world converged on Santa Clara, Calif., for the event, which for the first time included a two-day OpenStack Live track and a two-day crash course for aspiring MySQL DBAs called “MySQL 101.”
“This was a particularly exciting conference that really had something for everyone,” said Peter Zaitsev, CEO of Percona. “A lively keynote discussion with Apple legend Steve Wozniak set the perfect tone, and it was followed by scores of informative and engaging technical sessions and tutorials on both MySQL and OpenStack. We also had a very good MySQL community dinner, a fun game night and the MySQL Community Awards.”
During Wozniak’s 45 minute keynote, the Apple co-founder and inventor of the Apple I and Apple II computers shared his thoughts on what influenced him growing up, his approach to problem solving, childhood education, artificial intelligence, and more.
The other popular keynotes included:
- Facebook’s Harrison Fisk on “Polyglot Persistence @Facebook”
- Facebook’s Steaphan Greene on “WebScaleSQL: The Power of Collaboration”
- MariaDB’s Patrik Sallner on “1+1>2”
- Oracle’s Tomas Ulin on “Celebrating MySQL”
- Percona’s Rob Young on “Percona’s Take on Smart Data Management – What’s Next for Products and Services”
- Tesora’s Amrith Kumar on “Building Databases for the ‘-as-a-Service’ World”
- VMware’s Robert Hodges on “What Has the Cloud Done for My Data Lately?”
- A panel discussion on the next disruptive technology titled “What comes after the Cloud and Big Data?”
Percona CEO Zaitsev also announced Percona’s acquisition of Tokutek, creating the first company to offer both MySQL and MongoDB software and solutions. Percona has taken over development and support for TokuDB® and TokuMX™, and now has exclusive rights to the revolutionary Fractal Tree® indexing technology, which enables those products to deliver improved performance, reliability and compression for modern Big Data applications.
The Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo and OpenStack Live are made possible through the support of sponsors. The full list of sponsors includes:
Percona Live MySQL Conference Sponsors
- Diamond Plus Sponsors: VMware
- Diamond Sponsors: Yahoo, Deep Information Sciences, Rackspace
- Platinum Sponsors: Booking.com, HGST, SanDisk
- Gold Sponsors: Pythian, Codership, Machine Zone
- Silver Sponsors: Box, Yelp, MariaDB, SpringbokSQL, Tesora, BlackMesh, SolidFire
- Exhibit Only Sponsors: Dropbox, Severalnines, VividCortex, ScaleArc, Moogsoft, EXEM, TwinDB, PSSC Labs
- Other Sponsors: MailChimp, Nextiva, Devart, GetVoIP, GitHub
- Media Sponsors: DBTA, Datanami, Dzone, InfoQ, JAXenter, Linux Journal, O'Reilly Media
OpenStack Live Sponsors:
- Diamond Sponsors: EMC
- Silver Sponsors: PMC Sierra, Walmart eCommerce
- Exhibit Only: Nimble Storage, Cambridge Computers
- Media Sponsors: Business Cloud News, DBTA, InfoQ, JAXEnter, Linux Journal, Opensource.com
The Next Percona Conference
Percona has announced the venue for Percona Live Europe, which will be held September 21-22, 2015, in Amsterdam. Percona Live Amsterdam promises to be bigger and better than ever. The Call for Speakers is now open.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL and MongoDB across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.