Early Bird Pricing for Europe’s Premier Event for MySQL, NoSQL and Data in the Cloud Ecosystems Ends July 26, 2015, Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available
DURHAM, North Carolina – July 9, 2015 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced the conference schedule for Percona Live Europe 2015, a three-day data performance conference focused on MySQL, NoSQL and Data in the Cloud. Percona Live Europe will be held September 21-23, 2015, at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre. Early bird pricing for the event ends July 26, 2015. Percona also announced today that the Mövenpick Hotel is currently offering discounted room rates for the event, but space is limited so attendees should book now to lock in the best deal. Sponsorship opportunities are also still available.
Percona Live Europe 2015 is the premier event for the rich and diverse MySQL and NoSQL ecosystem in Europe. It is the place to be for the open source community as well as businesses that thrive in the MySQL, NoSQL, cloud, big data and Internet of Things (IoT) marketplaces. Attendees include DBAs, sysadmins, developers, architects, CTOs, CEOs, and vendors from around the world. “We’re very excited that the theme for this year’s event is ‘MySQL, NoSQL, Data in the Cloud,’” said Peter Zaitsev, co-founder and CEO of Percona. “Our industry is clearly evolving and many attendees have asked us to expand the scope of our conference. Percona Live Europe 2015 is the perfect opportunity to explore the convergence of these dynamic forces on data performance and the impact they are having on enterprises around the world.”
Conference sessions, which will follow each morning’s keynote addresses, feature a variety of formal tracks and sessions related to High Availability, DevOps, Programming, Performance Optimization, Replication and Backup, MySQL in the Cloud, MySQL and NoSQL, MySQL Case Studies, Security, and What’s New in MySQL. The sessions will be delivered by technology experts at some of the world’s leading MySQL and NoSQL vendors and users, including Oracle, MariaDB, Percona, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Yelp. Sessions will include:
- “InnoDB: A Journey to the Core,” Jeremy Cole, Sr. Systems Engineer, Google, Inc. and Davi Arnaut, Software Engineer, LinkedIn
- “MongoDB Patterns and Antipatterns for Dev and Ops,” Steffan Mejia, Principal Consulting Engineer, MongoDB, Inc.
- “NoSQL's Biggest Lie: SQL Never Went Away,” Matthew Revell, Lead Developer Advocate, Couchbase
- “The Future of Replication is Today: New Features in Practice,” Giuseppe Maxia, Quality Assurance Architect, VMware
- “What’s New in MySQL 5.7,” Geir Høydalsvik, Senior Software Development Director, Oracle
Tutorials provide practical, in-depth knowledge of critical MySQL issues. Topics will include:
- “Best Practices for MySQL High Availability,” Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB
- “Mongo Sharding from the Trench: A Veterans Field Guide,” David Murphy, Lead DBA, Rackspace Data Stores
- “Advanced Percona XtraDB Cluster in a Nutshell, La Suite: Hands on Tutorial Not for Beginners!,” Frederic Descamps, Senior Architect, Percona
- On Monday, September 21 at 5pm, Percona will host an opening reception at the Delirium Café in Amsterdam.
- On Tuesday, September 22 at 7pm, the Community Dinner will take place at the offices of Booking.com.
- On Wednesday September 23 at 6pm, the closing reception will be held at the Mövenpick Hotel, giving attendees one last chance to visit the sponsor kiosks.
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Europe 2015 are still available but they are selling out quickly. Event sponsors become part of a dynamic and fast-growing ecosystem and interact with hundreds of DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. This year’s conference will feature expanded accommodations and turnkey kiosks. Current sponsors include:
- Diamond - VMware
- Exhibitors - MariaDB, Severalnines
- Media - Business Cloud News, Computerworld UK, TechWorld
Planning to attend?
Early Bird registration discounts for Percona Live Europe 2015 are available through July 26, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. CEST. Visit the Percona Live Europe 2015 website for more information about the conference. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about Percona Live Europe 2015.
Percona Live Conferences:
WHAT: Percona Live Europe 2015
WHEN: September 21 - 23, 2015
WHERE: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Early Bird Pricing Deadline: July 26, 2015
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL and MongoDB across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.