Industry Leaders From Alibaba, Box, Etsy, Facebook, IBM, LinkedIn, Oracle, Pinterest, YouTube, and Many More Headline the Year’s Favorite Open Source Community Event
DURHAM, North Carolina – March 30, 2016 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced the final details of the fifth annual Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 (formerly MySQL Conference and Expo), which will take place April 18-21, 2016 at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center.
The Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 is the premier event for the rich and diverse open source community and businesses that thrive in the MySQL and NoSQL marketplaces. Attendees include DBAs, sysadmins, developers, architects, CTOs, and CEOs representing organizations from industry giants such as Oracle to start-ups. Vendors increasingly rely on the conference as a major opportunity to connect with potential high-value customers from around the world. This year’s event features the most impressive list of speakers yet, including executives and technical experts from Alibaba, Booking.com, Box, DataStax, Etsy, Facebook, Hearst, IBM, LinkedIn, Oracle, Pinterest, The Washington Post, Yelp, YouTube, and many more.
Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 will feature 10 keynotes, 16 tutorials, 180 breakouts, and two “101” crash courses, one on MySQL and one on MongoDB. The conference will also feature a number of fun, informative and entertaining events:
- Community Dinner, sponsored by Pythian – The community dinner will take place Tuesday, April 19 at 7:00. This highly enjoyable night is open to the entire MySQL community and will once again take place at Pedros. Tickets are $40 each, and seating is limited, so early registration is highly encouraged.
- Community Networking Reception – Make connections that can help enhance your career, facilitate a current project, or inspire new ideas at the Community Networking Reception in the Expo Hall on Wednesday, April 20, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Delicious appetizers included!
- Percona Community Game Night – Back by popular demand and promising to be better than ever, Percona Game Night will start Wednesday, April 20 at 7:00 p.m. The event will feature games of all sorts, including Meltdown, Segway races and Pac-man Battle Royal!
- MySQL Community Awards – This year’s awards will wrap up Thursday morning’s keynotes. The MySQL Community Awards are independently organized and acknowledge contributions to the MySQL ecosystem.
- Birds of a Feather - The BOF sessions will be held Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. Talks will range from “Best practices for Percona XtraDB Cluster with HAProxy” to “Help! There's a bash shell in my MySQL server!” to Newbie DBA discussions.
- Photographer Julian Cash – Conference favorite Julian Cash will be back at this year’s conference creating his Light Painting portraits. This year he will create photos on the convention room floor, and attendees will be able to watch the process via a large TV screen.
“Percona Live is the premier event for database professionals,” said Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences. “We’re excited to work with the community to solve critical data analytics and performance issues through the combined power of machine learning and next-generation MySQL.”
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with more than 1,300 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Current sponsors include:
Diamond Plus: Deep Information Science, RocksDB
Platinum: Rackspace, VividCortex
Gold: Amazon Web Services
Silver: Shopify, Yelp
Exhibit: AgilData, Blackmesh, Box, Clustrix, Eventbrite, Grafana.net, HGST, MaxGauge, MemSQL, Pythian, Red Hat, ScaleArc, Severalnines, SolarWinds, DBSeer, Vertabelo, VMWare
Other: Google, Intel, MailChimp, Monyog
Media: CrowdReviews, Database Trends & Applications, Datanami, Opensource.com, O’Reilly Media
Planning to Attend?
Visit the Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016 website for more information about the conference. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the conference.
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Data Performance Conference 2016
Where: The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center, 5101 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: April 18-21, 2016
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.