Web Frontend Architect
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a remote full-time Frontend Architect with extensive SaaS experience to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). PMM is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.
This should not be the first time you’ve designed and built a high-volume SaaS product from the ground up and you should be able to point to a long track record of successfully partnering with back-end architects to ensure our strategy is comprehensive but not needlessly complex. Huge bonus points to candidates that have architected software in a client<->server<->cloud model. Today we build with AngularJS and Golang and prefer to keep it simple, however you should be able to clearly articulate the value of why we should entertain additional languages and be able to get buy-in/support from teammates as well. As an open source company, we are trying to use the power of existing open source projects and also make our contribution to some popular repositories. The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact. This is a rare opportunity to start with a great team, on a great project, at a great company with lots of benefits.
- A deep understanding of modern web application architecture
- Proven ability to work with other architects to achieve desired results and establish front-end/back-end data contract frameworks
- Ability to plan solutions to highly complex problems several quarters in advance
- Troubleshoot critical issues in a distributed architecture
- Active participant in the development of products
- Nurture engineers to think with architectural and design best practices in mind with an emphasis on performance, scalability, maintainability, security and usability
- Partner with UI/UX resources to deliver mockups and prototypes
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to work with others in team
- Ability to work independently as well as with the team
- git and GitHub
- Docker experience
- Experience building distributed web apps
- SQL and NoSQL databases (Mysql, MongoDB, Prometheus, Clickhouse)
- Apache and nginx
Location/Time zone: Remote work from home. Open to worldwide candidates but prefer European time zones (ideally Eastern Europe).
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.