With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL®, MariaDB, MongoDB® and other open source database solutions across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides software, support, consulting, and managed services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance through database optimization. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multi-national team of experts.
Percona is a fast-paced, open source database services and software company that needs a Web Designer to help design, develop, maintain and analyze our websites. As a part of our global, metrics-driven marketing team, you will help design websites that are functional, eye-catching, message-driven, and provide an excellent user experience.
We are looking for someone with a solid grasp of the fundamentals of website development and management, a strong work ethic and desire to learn and grow. We also need somebody familiar with current website templates, design styles, practices, customer engagement strategies, layout strategies, A/B testing practices, and SEO. Some knowledge of design and design tools (e.g., Adobe CS apps) is required.
You will work remotely and most people work from their homes. Some travel will be required for internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.
- Ongoing design, development, testing, implementation and management of websites, including regional and event sites, landing pages and blog pages using content management systems such as WordPress, Hubspot and Drupal
- Use best practices to design and create various web elements such as emails, web banners, web graphics, social graphics, videos and other web material
- Ensure pages are cross-browser compatible, responsive and SEO friendly
- Measure the performance of our website using tools such as Google Analytics, MarketMuse, Moz, etc., and recommend solutions to improve that performance.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls where design ideas and technical solutions are shared with colleagues, staff, and executives
- Experience using a CMS like WordPress, HubSpot and Drupal
- Familiarity of PHP, JSON and Google Analytics
- Comfortable with graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- A web portfolio that demonstrates examples of design and code skills
- Strong understanding of SEO, UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- English reading and writing proficiency required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Location/Time zone: Worldwide
Travel per year: 1 team meeting, usually 1 conference, potentially more.