VP Marketing - Open Source Solutions (remote)
Are you the type of person who likes to think of new ways to disrupt the Market? Are you an expert at digging into, analyzing, and interpreting data to build creative and innovative ways to connect with users and customers? Do you enjoy working with the best talent around the world? Do you have a passion for leading marketing efforts worldwide? Let’s talk!
Percona is searching for a VP of Marketing to lead our worldwide marketing organization. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in leading and building a high-performance marketing organization. This person will also have an analytical mind that uses data to measure and adjust our marketing efforts to maximize our team's efforts. They will be responsible for the strategy, tactics and programs to create interest, demand, and revenue for Percona. The ideal person for this role will have a deep understanding of how to drive adoption of our open source software and help nurture that adoption into long term happy customers. They will also act as a mentor and guide to our existing marketing team ensuring they are set up for success and future growth.
This role will be a unique challenge for the right candidate. We need to combine the marketing tactics and skills required for a B2C motion to drive individual adoption of our open-source software and tools. Then take that adoption and drive it through the tactics and techniques required to close a B2B relationship. Percona has a deep and well-respected relationship with millions of users around the world, keep those users happy and growing that free user base with awesome content and tools is critical to the success of this position. Equally as important as taking a subset of those users, identifying who needs additional help, and giving them the information on how our subscriptions can help them achieve their goals faster and more efficiently.
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Maria DB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
What You Will Do
- Lead our global marketing efforts, responsible for all marketing including brand, demand generation, field, product, digital, communications, analyst relations, creative, content, events, marketing technology, and operations
- Grow and expand our awareness externally, drive adoption of our software, show the value of our subscriptions while growing our pipeline
- This position will have major responsibility for achievement of our revenue goals through pipeline generation; finding and delivering consistent and predictable pipeline growth is crucial
- Define, direct and deliver to metric-driven goals via dashboards, feedback reports and other KPIs, including internal pipeline reporting and customer satisfaction metrics
- Responsible for product marketing execution, including customer segmentation, persona development, formalizing messaging, pricing proposals, market research, sales enablement, and product launches
- Build the team and processes needed to maximize our marketing efforts
- Finding new innovative and fresh approaches to reach our audience and drive awareness
- Define and Optimize the journey from solving tough technical problems -> realize success by using our software -> buying a value-added subscription -> continuing to find increasing value
- Partner with our other internal teams (Partners, Sales, Product, Services, Customers success, etc) to ensure they have what they need to be successful
- Build the repeatable processes to help us run marketing more effectively as we scale
- 7+ years leading the day to day marketing functions 5+ years in software, technology, or XaaS marketing roles
- 5+ years optimizing the marketing funnel, particularly in an open-source like ( or adjacent ) environment
- 5+ years managing a geographically dispersed team
- A deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive revenue growth and new customer acquisition
- Experience developing a clearly articulated strategy that supports business goals with strong bias to action
- Experience defining, gaining consensus for and implementing measurable strategies that will drive revenue and increase awareness
- Proven success developing a marketing plan that reaches target segments quickly and efficiently
- Experience growing an active free community that converts to paying subscribers
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Demonstrated year over year growth
- Previous experience managing marketing in companies in the 25MM-50MM range
- Proven ability to grow the company's next generation of leaders
- Must have previous experience in marketing to both enterprise decision-makers as well as highly technical users
- Background in guerrilla marketing and growth hacking
- Not afraid to move fast, try new things, occasionally fail, but always get better