UI/UX Designer (remote)
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
What You Will Do
We’re looking for a remote full-time UI/UX designer with deep experience designing web-based application interfaces to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). PMM is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.
If you can’t rest until our users are presented with a beautiful and easy to use interface that makes accomplishing complex tasks a breeze, this could be the right role for you. You should be the one people turn to when they want to achieve an objective with the fewest possible steps without asking for help on how to use the tool. Working closely with both Marketing and Product, you should be capable of creating a vision for the application that is easily adhered to by our developers to ensure a consistently delightful experience using the products. You should consider yourself a partner to product, marketing and development, and an advocate for the user and be willing to push all parties to continually refine both the design and flow of our applications.
Location: Remote, however, bulk of team is in Central European Time so you should be able to significantly overlap your schedule
- You have experience designing large, complex SaaS applications across web and mobile platforms
- You are a wizard with modern design collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc)
- You have created original graphics using tools such as Photoshop or Inkscape
- You can build user interfaces for users of all technical competencies
- You can conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- You have created and validated usability of designs through prototypes and customer research
- You are able to manage inventory of of design elements and generate style guides
- You are able to optimize existing interfaces in addition to creating new experiences
- You have excellent written and verbal English
- You have the ability to work closely with others but also independently
- You are familiar with version control systems (Git)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing interfaces for web-based applications
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to properly prioritize efforts based on business need/value/impact
- Can work in a fast-paced remote environment
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.