Sr Outbound Product Manager - remote
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Senior Outbound Product Manager will be our lead in defining the future of our Percona products and solutions and is ultimately responsible for their success. As the voice of the customer, they will need to understand the market, customer challenges and then be able to clearly articulate market and customer requirements back into the product requirements and roadmap. They are responsible for creating the product vision, overall GTM strategy and then working across the Percona team to successfully deliver.
Work Location: Remote office in the US or EMEA
What You Will Do
- Own the product vision and delivery of the overall GTM strategy and long term product roadmap that satisfies the customer challenges/requirements and changing market dynamics/technologies while uniquely positioning Percona for success.
- Define market opportunity for their product and solution areas. This includes targeting/segmentation of opportunities and markets and collaboration with product marketing managers to analyze new markets
- Be the voice of the customer and help provide context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs. Less "customer wants a feature", more "they want to solve a problem that helps with .."
- Work with inbound product management, engineering, sales and services counterparts to facilitate well rounded decision making with a bias for action and calculated risks
- Work with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to facilitate rapid time to value for our customers and prospects
- Work closely with inbound product management to balance your product's long-term roadmap with its backlog of issues and bugs as well as ad-hoc customer requests
- Deliver crisp customer use cases/requirements to inbound product management & engineering
- Have a solid understanding of the enterprise sales motion including how you and your product can best support key players such as sales engineers, consulting, services, and enterprise account executives
- Make data-informed decisions. Know how you're measuring success before starting any project. Obsess over your KPIs. Know when to commit more or less resources
- Effectively communicate across all departments in the company
- Prepare competitive comparison information for use in positioning against offerings from other organizations (working with product marketing manager)
- Open source community engagement and support as needed
- Briefing and building relationships with key members of the media and analyst communities
- Product Marketing
- Inbound product management
- Sales and Customer Success
- Services, Consulting and Support
- Executive leadership
- 5-7 years of product management experience with enterprise IT software (experience with open source and databases a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the product team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally on business throughout the EMEA and the US
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead without authority breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.