Solution Engineer (EMEA Based)
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Solution Engineer (SE) role is an inside sales support role tailored for light professionals with two-to-five years of experience. This position provides customer facing technical support for the Inside Sales and Customer Success teams. The SE is the primary resource for matching customer needs to the right mix of open source technologies and Percona services. This position is a work from home position. We are seeking candidates ideally located with the EMEA region. Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours based in their home region, with occasional cross region support. A strong desire to learn and keep ahead of the industry by researching and adapting to new technologies is a key component to this role. Occasional travel may be required.
- Professional, self-accountable, reliable, personable, team player
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal English communication skills
- Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively and to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Strong technical background in database-related technologies PostgreSQL prefered
- Consistently high levels of initiative as a self-learner and motivated self-starter
- Professionally Proficient English
- Bilingual in additional languages would be a nice to have but not required
- Experience with PostgreSQL and/or MongoDB-based solutions
- 3+ years experience in working with a sales team
- 3+ years of working with and understanding various cloud-based architectures and solutions
- A strong desire to learn and keep ahead of the industry by quickly researching and adapting to new techniques and technologies
- The role of the SE is as the technical expert and joint partner in the sales process
- Combine technical and communication skills for the purposes of building credibility and serving as a trusted advisor to customers, prospects, and the sales team
- Serve as technical lead on customer engagements
- Facilitate discussions with customers and prospects to determine needs and appropriate solutions
- Manage time effectively, work independently and take ownership of the technical sales process
- Develop and deliver high quality, customized Percona presentations and demonstrations
- Continuously grow your understanding of technology, including Percona products and services
- Handle PoCs, RFPs, and RFI’s with minimal assistance
- Help to define technical sales strategies based on a clear understanding of the sales cycle and customer/market requirements
- Seek solutions from diverse sources to resolve customer problems and issues
Location: Remote work from home anywhere in EMEA with consistent internet access and connectivity.
Percona HQ is located in the Raleigh-Durham Area of NC, USA but this specific location isn't required for this opening. We are ideally seeking candidates located within the EMEA region of the world.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.