With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Do you love to write about database technologies? Do you know what the differences between Ubuntu and Centos are? Can you git branch, commit and create a PR in your sleep? Do you have an opinion on Markdown vs. reStructuredText? If so, this position at Percona might be your dream come true!
- Graduate-level written English
- Experience with technical writing
- Experience with documenting complex system
- Experience with writing user-oriented documentation
- Experience with providing complimentary video/educational materials
- Experience with markup languages (reStructuredText preferred)
- Comfortable at the Linux command line
- Familiarity with related technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, web apps, etc.)
- Ability to work with others in team
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Highly-motivated self-starter
- Bachelor degree (any field, thesis published) or professional publications
- Experience with screencasts, webinars
Location/Time zone: Remote / Worldwide
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.