Senior MySQL DBA (Remote, Worldwide)
As a Remote DBA, you will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues related to DB systems availability and performance. You will develop relationships with customers, comprehend and fulfill their needs, and maintain their satisfaction through regular communication and engagement with their environments. You will perform technical work that requires planning and scheduling to ensure the best possible solution is delivered on time. You will react on incidents and provide solutions aiming at maintained environments improvements.
You will work in a fast paced environment where we are responsible for companies’ most critical systems. Customers count on us to keep their MySQL database running and we are vital to the success of their business.
You will work remotely; there is no central office, and most people work from their homes. Some travel will be required for internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.
Core Skills and Expectations
- Experience administering MySQL server including;
- aspects of installation and configuration.
- basic performance tuning, query optimization & index tuning.
- knowledge of MySQL backup solutions.
- basic knowledge of HA solutions.
- understanding of monitoring requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems.
- Ability to use scripting language for automation.
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation for operational issue escalation.
- Polite, friendly and professional; this position requires significant customer interaction and teamwork.
- Excellent and strong written and spoken English.
- CS degree or equivalent.
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis.
- Experience with Galera / XtraDB Cluster, & HAProxy.
- Experience running on Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or hosting providers like Rackspace.
- Experience with Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins, Prometheus, and other monitoring tools.
- Experience of configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with tools from the Percona Toolkit suite.
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Professional Certifications.
Regular Work Schedule
- Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm PST shift. Check time zone HERE.
- Team has an on call schedule as well.
Remote work from home position.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Applications from all locations are encouraged and will be considered, subject to security & compliance requirements of Managed Services customers.