Sales Development Representative
Percona is experiencing significant growth and we are adding to our sales team! The Sales Development Rep (SDR) generates qualified prospects for our SMB and Enterprise Sales teams within the EMEA region. We are looking for a tenacious hunter who never gives up! The BDR will spend significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from marketing programs as well as independent prospecting.
What You WIll Do
- Create awareness and interest in Percona solutions as a value add solution with prospects, by making outbound phone calls, emails and social media campaigns
- Identify and communicate with appropriate key decision makers within prospective clients
- Produce high-quality phone calls and emails that will result in meeting/exceeding monthly goals
- Nurture and manage leads until they are qualified as sales-ready
- Document all activity in our CRM system to support sales and management teams, validate activity and lead qualification reports, and provide the sales team with clear details on the prospect’s needs to ensure high-quality transition
- Proactively set up sales appointments for further qualification discussions
- BS or BA degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of sales experience preferred, but not required
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required
- Experience conducting business via phone and email
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace with the ability to quickly adjust during prospect conversations
- Highly motivated to successfully reach prospects and create conversations
- Ability to document all activity in our CRM system with a high degree of accuracy
- Professional persistence & ability to “think on your feet” and make a compelling introduction
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, Salesforce and other related technologies preferred
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Highly motivated individual - you are driven to succeed
- Highly developed level of maturity, self-assurance, personal and professional integrity and an underlying commitment to make things happen
- Prepared to listen, learn and develop your sales skills
- Independent – able to perform job and meet/exceed expectations with little supervision
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.