QA Automation Engineer
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a remote full-time QA Automation Engineer to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management. Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.
Some of the biggest companies in the world rely on Percona and PMM to help them monitor their database infrastructure so ensuring our products are of the highest quality is our number one priority. You will play a vital part in that through the automation of software testing to ensure that every release is of higher quality than the last. You should be comfortable automating tests using tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, or Cypress in a Jenkins or Travis CI environment. We’ve traditionally built installed, Open Source software but we’re adding a large SaaS component to our product offering so big bonus points if you’ve been responsible for quality in a hybrid cloud/packaged model.
We view quality as a partnership and are looking for someone that understands the value of constant collaboration with our developers to ensure we are moving to a Test Driven Development (TDD) model.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding!
- QA Automation for SaaS products using Selenium, Cucumber, or Cypress
- Mastery of manual and automated testing fundamentals
- Ability to determine and enhance appropriate test coverage
- Automate test cases into our Continuous Integration framework
- Proven experience with WebDriverIO
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Mysql, MongoDB, Prometheus, Clickhouse)
- Jenkins Pipeline Knowledge, Shell Scripting & Vagrant is a plus
- Agile (Scrum) practice
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies such as grooming, planning and daily standups
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to work with others as a team in a completely distributed model
- Ability to work independently as well as with the team
- git and GitHub
- Docker experience
- Experience automating testing for distributed web apps as well as installed software products
- Load testing using Locust or similar
Location/Time zone: Remote work from home. Open to worldwide candidates but prefer European time zones (ideally Eastern Europe).
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.