At Percona, you'll get a chance to see and work on any database architecture you can imagine. Our Consultants work on projects with a huge variety of companies, from internet startups to established brick and mortar publicly traded companies. We're looking for a PostgreSQL expert who can step back and look at the full stack and come up with the best possible solution, as well as share their knowledge and advise on other widely used open-source data technologies.
The Consultant will develop relationships with customers, comprehend and fulfill their needs, and maintain their satisfaction through onsite and remote customer engagements. He/she will scope the technical work that is required to ensure the best possible solution is delivered to the customer given the customer’s unique set of business requirements. Additionally, the Consultant will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues of any complexity as the need arises.
This role requires flexibility to work across global times, including coverage in US time zones as needed for projects. This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in India. Up to 25% travel will be required, both for onsite projects and internal meetings (as safety permits). Access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection is required.
What You Will Do
- Perform the entire range of our PostgreSQL consulting services for customers
- Effectively assess not only the dynamics of the technology, but the people managing it, too
- Create multiple types of documentation, whiteboard solutions, and conduct training as required to ensure the client understands and is satisfied with your solution
- Seamlessly maneuver between talking low-level technical details or high level strategy depending on the situation
- Maintain proficiency in all Consulting tools, software, and standard operating procedures
- Be an active thought leader via monthly blogging, quarterly webinars, and conference talks/tutorials at least once per year
- Be an active technical leader via weekly contributions to our Experts forums, email lists, and monthly publishing of KB articles
- 5+ years of PostgreSQL administration, including but not limited to the following areas: configuration, performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning, and setup and configuration of backups, high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- 3+ years of Linux administration experience, including performing hands-on work in the areas networking, hardware, virtualization, containers, scripting, and IO subsystems
- 2+ years of performing the following types of engagements: architecture and design reviews, performance audits, and database migrations
- 2+ years in a consulting role leading both short and long-term projects
- Strong Shell skills
- Experience implementing high availability by setting up either streaming replication or logical replication and decoding, and then using an open source solutions such Patroni, Stolon, or repmgr
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: PHP, Java, Nodejs, Go, Python, Ruby
- Production-based experience with both on-premise and cloud environments, including with customers that run database environments across multiple datacenters/regions, and manage large datasets
- Experience delivering presentations to both technical and management/executive teams
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Strong knowledge of PL/pgSQL
- Expertise in converting Oracle PLSQL to PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL
- Experience leading Oracle to PostgreSQL migrations
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, Consul, etc.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.) and eCommerce platforms (Magento, etc.)
- Experience with training development and delivery
- Demonstration of active thought leadership in the PostgreSQL community (blogs, conference talks, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret PostgreSQL code for the purpose of debugging and troubleshooting
- Cross-over experience with MySQL, MongoDB or ClickHouse
- AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure certifications
- Project management experience/certifications
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.