With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a Director of Solution Engineering who will work within the presales division. It's a play coach role: 80% as a Solution Engineer and 20% leading the team. This job will involve working closely with the SE’s and sales team to help match customer needs to the right mix of open source technologies, Percona Services and Percona Products. This position is primarily a work from home position. Travel is required, and expected to be in the 35% to 50% range.Candidate must be willing to work during east coast business hours with occasional West Coast and EMEA calls. This position will direct the SE team in addition to leading the SE team.
- 80% Performing as a Solution Engineer and 20% directing the SE Team and work in partnership with the field and inside sales teams in selling Percona solutions. You will:
- Gather, report and maintain information on the customer throughout the sales process.
- Partner with Sales in qualification and sales progression to close.
- Produce scope of work and project proposal documents.
- Perform basic project planning ahead of delivery in collaboration with our service delivery team.
- Provide key information and handoff support to our Customer Success Management team.
- Help spread the word and generate interest in our services by actively contributing to our community through blogging and speaking publicly.
- Assist our account reps to build and maintain customer relationships by providing key technical insights into their goals and needs.
- Experience in a presales SE role with an understanding of a selling methodology and experience partnering with field and inside sales reps and leaders.
- Team Leader experience highly desired.
- Professional, self-accountable, reliable, personable, team player.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal English communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively and to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong technical background. Ideally with experience in either MySQL or MongoDB and database-related technologies.
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of the solutions we build for our customers.
- Strong organizational capabilities, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Professionally proficient English speaker.
- Highly technical ideally with a few years of experience with large-scale MySQL and/or MongoDB-based solutions.
- 3+ years experience in working with a sales team.
- 3+ years of working with and understanding various cloud-based architectures and solutions.
- A strong desire to learn and keep ahead of the industry by quickly researching and adapting to new techniques and technologies.
Travel per year: Remote work from home ideally in the eastern part of the United States. Travel is 35% to 50% range. Candidate must be willing to work during east coast business hours with occasional West Coast and EMEA calls.