Jr Marketing Copywriter
This role offers the unique opportunity to gain exposure across all marketing areas and develop expertise in the technology space. You will interact with key players in a truly global, high-growth open source organization. Your mission is to help create, improve, and maintain marketing content to achieve our business goals and raise brand awareness.
As part of the Marketing Communication and Content team, you will work alongside the Content Marketing Manager, helping to act as a brand storyteller for the marketing team and our internal partners. You will work with field marketing, events, product marketing, design, and sales (amongst others) to deliver our message effectively.
Your focus will be on crafting compelling and well-researched content across multiple channels (including long-form content, email, blog posts, presentations, event content, social, Google AdWords, and ad hoc requests). You should be confident in your editing abilities and function as another pair of eyes for quality assurance when needed.
The ideal candidate is a marketing or writing professional with demonstrable creative and business writing skills. We would particularly value experience gained working in B2B technology, open source software, or database companies.
You should perform well under pressure, manage deadlines, and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail. Ideally, you will have some experience using monitoring and metrics tools to identify best practices and understand how content is performing.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the marketing team to understand and produce content that aligns with short-term and long-term marketing plans and the company's wider goals
- Partner with other members of the marketing team to ensure they have consistent and compelling copy for their marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the design team to take your content through to completion – giving direction and feedback on design, style, and layout
- Edit, proofread, and improve other Percona writers’ materials when necessary
- Liaise with other content writers at Percona to ensure brand consistency
- Write entertaining and informative search engine optimized copy, targeting keywords
- Assist with ad-hoc copywriting, provide cover for holidays, and act as another pair of hands during big projects
- When necessary, work with the Content Marketing Manager to create content for different social media channels
- Become well versed in copywriting using Google AdWords for maximum impact
- 2+ years of experience working in a content-focused marketing role
- Exceptional English with excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Hands-on experience with Google Docs and MS Office
- Experience with WordPress, Hubspot, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics preferred
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics would be highly desirable
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong creative collaborator
- Strong social media marketing skills
- Degree in Marketing or similar relevant field or equivalent experience
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.