IT Service Desk Agent (remote)
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The IT Service Desk Agent is the single point-of-contact for anyone in our organization in need of technical assistance. The mission of the IT Service Desk Agent is to provide first level support for incidents and service requests. They are responsible for troubleshooting problems faced by the end-users, identifying issues, analyzing them and either providing the solution or escalating to the next level of support. They will also assist in creating appropriate documentation in order to help all users quickly troubleshoot their issues. On a daily basis the IT Service Desk Agent will be responsible for handling the Service Desk ticket queue and chat as first level support. This position will report to the Director of IT.
Regular Work Schedule
The position is remote work from home, it will be a block of hours to cover the shift (6 am EST to 11 am EST) and the rest of the hours can be flexible. We’re looking for someone to work EMEA hours, but to also have flexibility to work sometimes US East hours (occasional overlaps with US East afternoon hours).
What You Will Do
- Take on onboarding/offboarding access management routine tasks
- Handle basic workstation support, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues
- Redirect issues you cannot resolve to the next level of support
- Provide required information on IT products or services
- Learn from next level support technicians
- Handle ticket / chat / calls with a strong sense of prioritization
- Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service
- Identify end-users needs to achieve satisfaction
- Cooperate with technical experts to provide the best service possible
- Make sure tickets are kept up to date and end-users informed
- Help write and maintain documentation for self-service
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Service Desk software
- Experience providing first level technical support for: Windows, Mac, and/or Linux workstations, endpoint security solutions, antivirus, VPN, basic networking, etc.
- Experience in basic administration of tools for user access
- Strong English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Remote and self-directed work
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service and people oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to details and quality focus
- Enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience providing first level support specifically for Google Apps, Slack, Confluence, JIRA, ServiceNow, Duo, Access Gateway, LDAP/FreeIPA, Carbon Black, Kolide
- ITIL Practices experience
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.