IT Platform Engineer
Key Outcome: Perform Ongoing ServiceNow Platform Development
- Ability to apply Business processes and requirements into the ServiceNow Platform.
- Understanding out of the box functionality on the platform and when to customize vs configure.
- Developing within the constraints of Applying of our licensing.
- Developing within established Architectural standards and working with the IT Director to establish new standards.
Key Outcome: Build ServiceNow Platform Administration Practice
- Document and train IT Helpdesk staff on handling standard requests.
- Apply ServiceNow upgrade cycles and testing for regressions in existing functionality.
- Develop and Manage ITIL process for ServiceNow platform.
- Ensure proper security practices are maintained and coordinated with Security operations team.
Key Outcome: Become Platform Liaison to Global Services Team
- Establish working relationships with Business and Process owners internal to Percona for Platform.
- Provide all levels of support on the Platform as needed.
- Establish clear roles for IT and internal users. Provide training to help internal users work more independently.
Key Outcome: Develop and Manage Platform Operational and KPI reporting and metrics
- Work with individual teams and owners on necessarily operational data and reports are needed to conduct day-to-day business.
- Understand existing KPI structure and build KPIs into Platform.
- Develop methodology and processes for establishing new metrics from Ad-hoc to Operational to KPI. Ensure KPI level metrics are rock solid and based on well vetted data and processes.
- ServiceNow Administration (ITSM, CSM, Service Portal modules).
- Strong English Communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Remote and self-directed work.
- Detail and Technically oriented.
- Ability to shift from details to business level conversations.
- Ability to consistently overlap US/Eastern work hours.
- ITIL Practices experience.
- Familiarity with our existing stack: (Zendesk, Pagerduty, Slack, Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, FreeIPA).
- Chat Ops.
- Open Source development: Node.js, Python, Elasticsearch, Opensource DBMS.
- Open source systems: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.