Director of Global Channel & Alliances
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a Director of Global Alliances to join our team and help build, grow, and manage our technical partnerships, alliances, and channel program. This person will be the face of Percona to our partners liasoning internally between internal and external stakeholders to drive awareness and revenue. This person will help ensure both Percona and our partners have a successful outcome from working together. The right person for this role will be a highly motivated, metrics driven, technology savvy business development executive.
What will you be doing?
- Building Percona’s technical partner and channel partner program
- Growing revenue through partnerships
- Finding, evaluating, and bringing in the right partners
- Ensuring the enablement of our Channel Partners
- Working with the internal Percona teams to ensure our messaging, collateral, and enablement materials are streamlined for our partners
- Building partner materials
- Managing and coordinating our partnership activities with major cloud vendors ( AWS, Microsoft, and Google)
- Working to get Percona software certified and included in different cloud, PaaS, DBaaS and XaaS offerings
- Training our partners
- Finding ways to get both channel and technical partners to participate in Percona events
- Briefing partners on changes, new releases, and efforts within Percona
- Briefing internal teams on new products, features, and efforts going on in our partners
- 5-10 years experience building and running channel partnership program
- 5+ years in sales and marketing experience in the software industry
- Ability to travel potentially extensively as we add new partners (25-50% is the minimum)
- Proven track record of successfully leading a new channel program from start to finish
- Previous channel experience desired within small to medium sized companies <100M
- Previous experience partnering with public cloud vendors strongly desired
Location: Remote work from home from anywhere worldwide.
Percona HQ is located in the Raleigh-Durham Area of NC, USA but this specific location isn't required for this opening. We are open to worldwide candidates.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.