Director of Content & Creative
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Are you a story teller? Do you like taking deeply technical content and making it accessible in an easy to consume format? Do you have a passion for generating conversation and discussion with both technical users and executives? Are you an expert on building web and sales material that drives traffic, educates, and impresses? Let's talk!
Percona is searching for a Director of Content & Creative to join our worldwide team. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in content development, brand, creative design, and AR/PR. The perfect person for this role will have demonstrated previous success in developing content that reaches, engages, and generates conversations with not only technical users but also executives at global 2000 companies around the world. This person would be responsible for creating the content, graphics, and messaging that tells our story to the world. They will also have extensive experience in engaging and partnering with analysts and journalists worldwide to tell Percona's story.
What will you be doing?
- Leading our content development efforts and strategy (web, blog, video)
- Be responsible for the content on the blog, website, and within our sales enablement tools (Case Studies, Corporate Decks, White Papers)
- Partner with our technical teams to ensure a steady stream of organic content
- Measuring the impact of our content and continually refining it
- Managing external relationships with writers, journalists, and analysts
- Ensuring our content is easily accessible via search as well as on our website
- Partner with our marketing programs team to build compelling stories for our campaigns
- Enhancing the Percona brand through telling our story
- This is a hands on role, so part time management, part time content creation
- 5+ years in a marketing communications role
- 5+ years in writing and/or editing technical content
- 5+ years in corporate or business journalism
- 3+ years managing PR/AR directly or third party agencies
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Proven ability to grow the company's next generation of leaders
- Proven track record engaging and securing coverage with external media as well as with external analysts ( Gartner, 451, etc )
- Must have previous experience in marketing to both enterprise decision makers as well as highly technical users
- Excellent relationship skills when dealing with customers internal legal, marketing, and executive owners. A track record of getting quotes, reference material, and case studies from customers.
- Excellent writing skills
- Background in content guerrilla marketing
Location: Remote work from home from anywhere worldwide.
Percona HQ is located in the Raleigh-Durham Area of NC, USA but this specific location isn't required for this opening. We are open to worldwide candidates.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.