With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
At Percona, we recognize that in order to successfully run a database powered infrastructure, you need much more than just a database server. Our Cloud Engineering team is responsible for building next generation open source solutions for deployment, monitoring and management solutions in Cloud and Orchestration Platforms.
We are seeking a Director of Cloud Engineering that has a strong vision + understanding of the market trends, best practices in automation, monitoring + management in the cloud + on premises. The ideal candidate will have a technical operations background as well as experience building + leading engineering teams that provide high quality software efficiently. We are also looking for someone that understands the nature of Open Source Software development and has experience working with globally distributed teams.
Do you have a passion for open source technologies? Are you a “player coach” leader? Do you want to lead and work on our newest & coolest Percona tools for our clients? If so, we want to hear from you!
You will work remotely and most people work from their homes. Some travel will be required for occasional internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.
- Manage our super talented Cloud Engineering team, services and tools. Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to your team members. Regular 1:1s and team meetings via video and phone calls. Create a team of connected engineers for a positive, fast moving and fun environment.
- Support goals and development opportunities for each team member.
- Act as a “player coach”. Get your hands dirty with writing code, quality assurance, helping to make documentation great as well as helping customers with troubleshooting.
- Enjoys a collaborative virtual work from home team work environment.
- Encourages communication and working together for successful tools and products.
- Creates and develops processes to consistently improve engineering performance and delivery of high quality client/user/community tools.
- Monitor, review and measure performance, goals, rollouts. Experience with kpis.
- Communicate and collaborate with our product managers for successful product rollouts.
- Believes in documentation and creates a documentation process for team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English.
- Ability to understand customer’s needs and ideas into functional requirements specifications.
- Knowledge of programming languages, object oriented design, and distributed client/server architectures.
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience with a team of 7+ engineers.
- Multiple years of tooling experience including a management or team lead role.
- Experience with Open Source Softwares, preferably MySQL and MongoDB.
- Solid Linux background and experience with maintaining, troubleshooting & performance tuning.
- Solid background in requirements, design, and source code management methodologies.
- Experience with virtualization/cloud platform, preferably AWS.
- Lead a team in a remote and highly distributed global work environment.
- Experience partnering with other divisional leadership members and customers.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.