Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for all areas relating to the day-to-day accounting functions of the company. This position maintains accounting principles, internal controls, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Controller must meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and account reconciliations. This position is responsible for supervising Staff Accountant (s).
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
- Manages staff responsible for order entry and accounts receivable
- Provides tax related legal entity support;
- Works with the Sales and Legal functions with the sales automation tool closing the monthly sales bookings, ensuring the bookings are closed on a timely basis and include the appropriate legal and financial documentation with each customer transaction;
- Establish and maintain revenue accounting principles, practices & procedures to ensure FASB, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance;
- Reviews and analyzes staff work to ensure revenue is properly recorded in accordance GAAP;
- Works with the Support, Managed Services and Consulting functions ensuring the appropriate documentation is complete for revenue recognition purposes;General ledger account reconciliation and analysis;
- Plan, coordinate and execute annual financial reviews or audit;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls and process improvements;
- Works with various functional departments to ensure accuracy of financial reporting;
- Intercompany account reconciliations;
- Works with the Sr Manager, FPA and CFO to support the annual budget process;
- Maintains a customer service approach interfacing with the functional departments in relation to all aspects of responsibilities;
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements
Supervisory Responsibilities: Ability to lead and work with others to accomplish common goals.
- Work with the finance and accounting team to establish goals and objectives for each year, and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of this staff;
- Responsible for the ongoing direction of Staff Accountants in the Revenue, Accounts Receivable and Cash Collections;
- Work with the Sr Manager of FPA on joint projects.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required;
- Exceptional work ethic;
- Must be very customer-service focused (dealing with both internal and external customers);
- Must be very hands on (this is a player/coach role);
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar experience, required.
Location: Raleigh, NC or remote work from home from any North America location.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.