The Contracts Specialist role at Percona offers a unique opportunity to learn all facets across law and business related to contracts. You will work on a small but highly talented team and the deals are always different so you will broaden your knowledge significantly and never be bored!
Working on the Contracts team, you’ll be responsible for coordinating with Percona’s sales team, customer success team, and customers to ensure the execution and retention of agreements and other supporting documents timely. You’ll prepare, send and negotiate contract terms and conditions. You’ll also field inquiries from customers and work closely with our teams to ensure customers have the best sales/contracting experience possible. This requires a strong attention to detail and an ability analyze and report on specific risks associated with contracts.
What You Will Do
- Negotiate contract terms with internal and external business partners
- Prepare and send contracts and other agreements as required/requested
- Create, review and update contract language for new and existing contracts and apply changes in Conga
- Explain terms and conditions to internal and external parties
- Request and obtain internal approval for non-standard terms
- Set up of executed contracts
- Set up of Webstore sales
- Send pertinent notifications to Percona teams, partners, and customers
- Update and maintain documentation related to contracts processes and procedures
- Liaise with Compliance on customer data security questionnaires and documents
- Complete and return required vendor forms, coordinating with Finance and Compliance as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or other relevant field
- Experience with US contract law required
- Experience preparing sales contracts and other business agreements or experience in a business related role such as accounting or finance
- Experience working in positions that require process creation/refinement
- Experience using a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work a schedule with at least four hours crossover with Eastern Time in the US initially for training
- Ability to work later hours as needed, especially at month's end
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Previous experience managing contracts for an international company
- Contract creation/negotiation experience
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Conga Contracts experience
- Operations skills
- Familiarity with accounting procedures
- Experience analyzing risk in commercial agreements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong client-relations and interpersonal skills
- excellent judgment capability
- analytic skills
- Experience working for a remotely distributed company
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.