C++ Software Engineer (MongoDB)
Percona is looking for an experienced and efficient C++ Software Engineer to join its Open Source Software Development team.
Based on the MongoDB Community Edition, Percona Server for MongoDB includes many additional features and enhancements that are only available as proprietary “Enterprise Features” by the upstream vendor. Our Percona Distribution for MongoDB is a fully free and open collection of software and tools for the popular document database.
Together with a dedicated and distributed team of engineers, you will be contributing to further enhancing and extending Percona’s version of MongoDB and related components.
What You Will Do
- Diagnose and fix defects in MongoDB and related components
- Become an authority in the large, modern C++ code base of MongoDB
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to Percona Server for MongoDB and related components
- Create and submit patches for review, perform periodic source code merges from other open source repositories
- Develop test cases for continuous integration deployment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Create documentation about your work that is consumable and can be refined by our documentation team
- Be part of the open source developer community, representing Percona as a MongoDB contributor
- Share your knowledge by attending and speaking at related conferences and writing blog posts about your work, participating in our public forums
- 4+ years of hands-on C++ development experience and related tools and build processes
- Distributed system development and/or database server development
- Fluent in developer tools like git, gcc, gdb, autoconf/automake, etc
- Working autonomously in a globally distributed organization
- Collaborating with open source communities and colleagues via mailing lists, IRC, Slack, etc.
- Using collaboration/tracking tools like Jira/Confluence
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Idiomatic C++ programming in recent standards - C++17 especially, but at least C++14
- Having a track record of contributing to open source projects
- Proven success working in a distributed environment
- Security development experience - eg. integrating network encryption, key management, federated authentication
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.