Percona Server 5.6: Enterprise Grade MySQL
Jul 31, 2013
Percona MySQL Webinar
Stewart Smith, Director of Server Development
To access the recording of this webinar visit: http://www.percona.com/webinars/percona-server-56-enterprise-grade-mysql.
The new Percona Server 5.6 is the most manageable, highest performance, and most scalable version of MySQL available. Percona Server 5.6 is the best open source MySQL choice for enterprise-grade applications because it combines new features with the best features of Percona Server 5.5 and MySQL 5.6 to provide unparalleled performance.
Stewart Smith, Director of Software Architecture for Percona, will explain how Percona Server 5.6 takes MySQL performance to new heights. Stewart will compare Percona Server 5.6 to Percona Server 5.5 and MySQL 5.6:
- Highlighting key differences between Percona Server 5.6 and Percona Server 5.5
- Comparing Percona Server 5.6 to MySQL 5.6, including:
- A review of top deprecated features and their optimized replacements
- Enhancements to performance monitoring, slow query log, XtraDB, and other groundbreaking features
- Exceptionally faster backups aided by Bitmap Based Incremental Backups when used in combination with Percona XtraBackup
At the end of this webinar you will understand the differences between Percona Server 5.6, Percona Server 5.5, and MySQL 5.6 and how those differences make Percona Server 5.6 the most manageable, highest performance, and most scalable version of MySQL available today.
Follow up thoughts and answers to the questions asked during this webinar can be found by visiting Percona's MySQL Performance Blog.