High Availability with Percona XtraDB Cluster
Attendees of this workshop will be able to:
- Understand High Availability concepts
- Address issues related to cloud deployments and multi-region replication
- List the features of Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC)
- Recognize the compatibility of PXC with MySQL Community Server and MySQL client applications
- Setup and configure multi-node PXC clusters
- Provide database operations for PXC
- Monitor and troubleshoot PXC
- Design applications to leverage PXC
Who should attend:
Database administrators and database developers who want to scale out with a cluster.
This is an advanced course. We recommend a thorough understanding of SQL language, MySQL tuning and operations, Linux command-line administration tasks, and at least one web-scripting language.
This course is delivered as a two day intensive workshop. Attendees will be provided with Linux PCs, but given the time restrictions, hands-on exercises will be limited. Attendees are encouraged to use their own laptops if they prefer. Slides will be provided for students wishing to apply additional study after the course is complete.
Applies to MySQL Versions:
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5 and 5.6