Moving to MySQL 5.6
This intensive two-day workshop for MySQL® database and systems administrators as well as developers provides a detailed overview of what is new in MySQL 5.6, how to take advantage of new functionality, and practical methods for migrating to MySQL 5.6.
- Introduction to and use of new MySQL features, including:
- InnoDB improvements
- InnoDB Full Text Search
- Memcached API
- Application verification
- Migration planning
Attendees of this workshop will be able to:
- Understand InnoDB Full Text Search
- Leverage new configuration variables
- Plan migration from previous MySQL versions to MySQL 5.6
- Take advantage of the InnoDB improvements in MySQL 5.6
- Use memcached API
- Use the new MySQL 5.6 Diagnostics
Who should attend:
Database Administrators, System Administrators, and Developers who wish to learn about MySQL 5.6, or are considering migration from previous MySQL versions.
This is not an introductory MySQL workshop. Prior experience with MySQL is required.
This course is delivered as a two-day intensive workshop. Attendees will be provided with Linux PCs and will use them for completing hands-on exercises, as time permits. Attendees are encouraged to use their own laptops if they prefer. Slides will be provided for students wishing to apply additional study after the course is complete.
Applies to MySQL Versions:
MySQL 5.6 and Percona Server 5.6.