Percona Announces Initial Speakers and Sponsors for the Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014
Conference Committee of Distinguished MySQL Industry Veterans Selects Representatives from Oracle, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter and More to Speak at Information-Packed Event
PLEASANTON, California – December 11, 2013 – Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, revealed the initial roster of speakers for the Third Annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 to be held at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center, April 1-4, 2014. Sponsorship opportunities and Early Bird registration discounts for the information-packed event are currently available.
Attendees at last year’s Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo continue to comment on the level of expertise and the value of the information shared. Attendance at the Percona Live London 2013 conference in November increased by nearly 20 percent over the previous year and featured attendees from 31 countries. Enthusiasm is already mounting for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014, which promises even bigger crowds and more valuable sessions.
Initial Speaker Roster
The full conference agenda will be announced in January, but the list of speakers and topics is already impressive, with representatives from Oracle, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter and more. The initial roster includes:
- Yoshinori Matsunobu, Database Engineer, Facebook; “Performance Monitoring at Scale”
- Mark Leith, Software Development Senior Manager, Oracle; “MySQL 5.7: Performance Schema Improvements”
- Davi Arnaut, Senior Software Engineer, LinkedIn, and Jeremy Cole, Senior Systems Engineer, Google, Inc.; “InnoDB: A Journey to the Core II”
- Zburivsky Danil, Consultant/MySQL DBA, Pythian; “Building Data Warehouses with Hadoop and MySQL”
- Sunny Bains, Senior Engineering Manager, Oracle; “MySQL 5.7: InnoDB – What’s New”
- Calvin Sun, Senior Engineering Manager, Twitter; “Scaling Twitter with MySQL”
- Tim Callaghan, VP of Engineering, Tokutek, and Robert Hodges, CEO, Continuent; “Your MySQL Knowledge to Become an Instant MongoDB Guru”
- Sunny Gleason, Founder, SunnyCloud; “Fast Failover Using MySQL and Zookeeper“
- Ike Walker, Database Architect, Flite; “Assembling the Perfect MySQL Toolbox”
- Jay Edwards, CTO, PalominoDB; “Continuous Delivery for DBAs”
For more information and additional speakers as they are added, visit the Percona Live Conference and Expo 2014 Sneak Peek website.
This year’s Conference Committee includes an array of distinguished industry veterans, including:
- Shlomi Noach, Conference Chairman, Engineer, Outbrain
- Roland Bouman, Software Engineer, Pentaho
- Tim Callaghan, VP of Engineering, Tokutek
- Laine Campbell, CEO and Principal, PalominoDB
- Jeremy Cole, Senior Systems Engineer, Google, Inc.
- Todd Farmer, Director, Oracle
- Jay Janssen, Consulting Lead, Percona
- Giuseppe Maxia, QA Director, Continuent
- Cédric Peintre, DBA, Dailymotion
- Ivan Zoratti, CTO, SkySQL Ab
- Liz van Dijk, Head of Technical Account Management, Percona
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Sponsors of the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 will become part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs in the heart of Silicon Valley. Percona has already signed up a number of conference and expo sponsors, including:
- Diamond Plus – Continuent, Fusionio
- Gold – SkySQL, Pythian
- Silver – Yelp, AppDynamics, Parelastic, Box, Galera Cluster/Codership, Google
- Exhibit Only – ScaleArc, PalominoDB, PSSC Labs, Tokutek, VividCortex, Severalnines
- Other - Webyog
Planning to Attend?
Early Bird registration discounts for the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 are available until January 5, 2014.
Visit the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 website for more information about the conference. Interested community members can also register to receive email updates about the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014.
Percona Live Conferences
|What:||Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014|
|Where:||The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
|When:||April 1-4, 2014|
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 2,000 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, Consulting, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona Toolkit. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
# # #
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.