Using Tungsten Replicator to solve replication problems
In this session we will explore the possibilities that Tungsten Replicator can provide to solve complex replication problems. Tungsten replicator (http://tungsten-replicator.org) is a high performance, open source, data replication engine for MySQL that is a drop in replacement for standard MySQL replication. We will cover
- The Tungsten Replicator components.
- Replacing standard MySQL replication with Tungsten Replicator and why it is a good idea.
- Setting up Master-Master Replication and the pitfalls around this setup.
- Fan-In replication combining multiple datasources into a single instance.
- Star Replication
- Using Parallel replication to speed up replication.
- Replicating from MySQL into MongoDB.
- Best practice in setting up replication and monitoring.
This will be a hands on session where the attendees will require a laptop and virtual box to get the most from the session.