Google Cloud SQL - MySQL in the Cloud. Saving your data from disaster, saving you from bad coffee.
Google Cloud SQL is a MySQL database that lives in Google's cloud. It has all the capabilities and functionality of MySQL, with a few additional features and a few unsupported features. You'll learn how to expand your MySQL expertise to cover Google Cloud SQL, and use new features and design patterns to your advantage.
- A diverse range of automatically managed replication options (and we mean "automatically managed"!)
- The configuration options and settings that Google Cloud SQL manages for you, so you can stop worrying!
- Which MySQL database storage options are available - both traditional and Google-specific - and when to use them.
- How to deal with global scalability issues by instantly scaling to additional MySQL instances, for only a few cents (or pence) per month.
- Design and operational considerations for performance differences when working with Google Cloud SQL.
- How Google Cloud SQL will free you from on-call pages at 2am, and save you from the perils of bad coffee!