Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• innobackupex

Dear all,

I have server A and B .
    server A I install "Percona-Server 55-5.5.27".

I want to full backup database on server B (/var/lib/mysql) with command this below

/usr/bin/innobackupex --parallel=4 --host=${IP_SERVER_B} --user=dbuser--password=dbpassword--no-timestamp /home/percona/innobackup/2012-10-15

After full backup is finish, I check dir "/home/percona/innobackup/2012-10-15" is not backup dir /var/lib/mysql on server B. But it's backup /var/lib/mysql on server A.

why this could happen, but I've replaced --host=${IP_SERVER_B} by ip address server B

Thank You

Moses

Hi Moses,

What you are trying to do, won't work with --host option. For your purpose, I guess you should use streaming backup. As per your scenario, if you want to take backup of B server and transfer it to A server, you should run backup command on B server with --stream/xbstream option to transfer it to A server. (rather then running backup on A server)

You can get more information here.
    http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/howtos/recipes _ibkx_stream.html

Comment

Hi niljoshi,

IP SERVER A : 192.168.0.121

IP SERVER B : 192.168.0.140

I Run command on server B

[root@alfamart ~]# innobackupex --host=localhost --user=myuser --password=mypassword --stream=tar ./ | ssh -q root@192.168.0.121 "cat - > /tmp/test/backup.tar"

My Questios is :

1. Whether during the backup process will use temporary storage on server B?
      2. If i check ,the command above is full backup. if the above command already include function "apply-log"?

Thank You

Comment

Hi,

Answers are inline.

>1. Whether during the backup process will use temporary storage on server B?

Yes, it will create temp files on the host where innobackupex is running and location will be the current dir (./) from where innobackex is executed.

>2. If i check ,the command above is full backup. if the above command already include function "apply-log"?
        Yes, --apply-log is used when we are taking incremental backup and we want to apply those changes on base-dir(prepare).

Comment

Hi niljoshi,

Your answer for point 2 not so clear for me.

I'm not using incremental backup, i only run full backup every day integrated with shell script and put in crontab.

After i extract on Host A

[root@REMASTER63 test]# tar -ixvf backup.tar
          [root@REMASTER63 test]# rm -rf backup.tar

should i run command this below (apply-log) before i restore to new server?

innobackupex --host=localhost --user=myuser --password=mypassword --apply-log --use-memory=1G /tmp/test

Thank You
          Regard
          Moses

Comment

Hi Moses,

Sorry for confusion. If you are taking full backup then you don't need to use --apply-log while restore to new server. --apply-log is used only when we are taking incremental backup and we want to apply those changes on base-dir(prepare).

Regards,
            Nil

Comment

Hi Nil,

Thank for your help, it's all clear for me

GBU

Moses

Comment

>1. Whether during the backup process will use temporary storage on server B?

Yes, it will create temp files on the host where innobackupex is running and location will be the current dir (./) from where innobackex is executed.

To Respond to your answer, will be create temp files during process.

I thought this would be a issue if the hard drive size is limited.

Example : I have MYSQL database server and size hardisk 150 GB dan size database 100 GB.

If I run command on server B
                [root@alfamart ~]# innobackupex --host=localhost --user=myuser --password=mypassword --stream=tar ./ | ssh -q root@192.168.0.121 "cat - > /tmp/test/backup.tar"

may be disk will be disk exceeded (over quota), do you have solution for this?

Thank You

Comment

Dear Team Percona,

I try to install percona on centos 6.3 (64 bit)

[root@wom-moses mysql]# rpm -aq | grep Percona-*
                  Percona-Server-server-55-5.5.30-rel30.1.465.rhel6.x86_64
                  Percona-Server-client-55-5.5.30-rel30.1.465.rhel6.x86_64
                  Percona-Server-shared-compat-5.5.30-rel30.1.465.rhel6.x86_64
                  Percona-Server-devel-55-5.5.30-rel30.1.465.rhel6.x86_64
                  Percona-Server-shared-55-5.5.30-rel30.1.465.rhel6.x86_64
                  Percona-Server-test-55-5.5.30-rel30.1.465.rhel6.x86_64

I didn't find default configuration on /etc/my.cnf but after i start service mysql can running well

[root@wom-moses mysql]# /etc/init.d/mysql start
                  Starting MySQL (Percona Server).. SUCCESS!

I try to generate conguration my.cnf using wizard and copy to dir /etc/my.cnf. After i restart the service mysql, i found error like this bellow

[root@wom-moses mysql]# /etc/init.d/mysql start
                  Starting MySQL (Percona Server).. ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/var/lib/mysql/wom-moses.pid).

How to solve this problem?

I put my.cnf on attachment generate from wizard web percona.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X