Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite "Log Scanned up to...(n)" loop

Hi,

I am trying to run nightly full backups using the latest innobackup ex. I have encoutnered a problem whereby after all tables have been backed up and copied to the backup file, I encounter an infinite loop of:

>> log scanned up to (14051476102)>> log scanned up to (14051476102)>> log scanned up to (14051476102)>> log scanned up to (14051476102)>> log scanned up to (14051476102)>> log scanned up to (14051476102)>> log scanned up to (14051476102)

I have left this running for over 24 hours but it won't finish. CPU usage is at 0% during this time. 'ls -lh' shows the backup file has not been updated since about 5 minutes after the backup started.

This is the command line I am running:

/usr/bin/innobackupex \--compress \--safe-slave-backup \--defaults-file=/data/cred/cred.cnf \--extra-lsndir=/vol/tmp \--stream=xbstream \$folder/$fn > $folder/$fn

if I remove the --stream=xbstream then it works fine. Switching from xbstream to tar does not work either.

Any idea what's going on?

Any ideas about this?

Comment

Hi,

Some questions:

Is the server a slave?

Are you using mysqld_multi?

Regards.

Comment

Please, share also your my.cnf.

Comment

Hi again tenma,

I've been able to reproduce the problem. Please, check before launching the backup that there is no a file with the name "xtrabackup_suspended" on the tmpdir of mysql. If there is one, remove it and then launch the backup. That should solve the problem. Is a known bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-x...p/+bug/1007446

Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X