Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

scheduler manager for controlling the backup jobs and displaying something to customers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduler manager for controlling the backup jobs and displaying something to customers

I am using xtrabackup/innobackupex as the first stage of an offsite backup process, which then moves the archive into offsite cloud storage.

Basically following steps that involve a series of discrete jobs, each long running, and often requiring to display the information to some semi-technical end client.

It would be handy to have some central job scheduling tool that wraps up cron, and a reporting function and dumps this onto a web page.

Previously I was using tools like bacula and HP Dataprotector which handled the scheduling and reporting functions, and really the mysql backup was included almost amusingly as a one-liner command pre-backup hook.

However now my customers have got rid of their tape libraries, I am looking for something more orientated towards generalized cloud/REST/rsync types batch.

any suggestions?

(ps I know there are 1000s of softwares that do this, and much more, and cron and nagios would probably get me 60% of the way there, but I am interested at any suggestions that specifically include xtrabackup and cloud storage.)

I'd look at http://code.google.com/p/xtrabackup-manager/ and if it doesn't do what you need now, I'd discuss with Lachlan (the creator) and see if you can help shape its future / contribute to it.

Comment

Working...
    X