Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restored backup with icremental backup

Hi

I have first taken a full backup of mysql suppose on monday, In backup I have nearly more than 30 databases,then I have taken the increment backup of tuesday.

now I want to restored the one database of tuesday, what should be the command to restored the one database of tuesday?

Please guide for the same.

Restore the entire backup to Tuesday on a non-production location, then extract this database and copy it to your production server.

Comment

Hi

Thnks for reply.

In my environment I need to frequent restored the database from the live server to the local (development server), As you suggested for this I need to keep a another system in spare for restored the live server databases !!!! which is some cost on us !!!!!

Xtrabckup will not suit in our environment ?

Comment

In this case I'd probably look at some combination of replication and filesystem snapshots. Do your dev/test work, roll back to the snapshot, let replication catch up, snapshot again, etc.

Comment

Hi

I dont get you, about the snapshot !!! I am using linux I never take this kind of snapshot stuff.....

I am using mysqldump command for taking backup of database with each file for each database.

so its very easy to restore when required.

As I found the Xtrabackup is very good tool for mysql backup, I was trying to implement for the above requirement, bus I was fail to do the same.

Comment

Working...
          X