Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• innobackupex.pl: Error:

I did the following

1. downloaded innobackupex - http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dveeden/percona-xtrabackup/lp48 3827/download/head:/innobackup1.5.1-20090305061108-fxjvmhr91 4de7q81-1/innobackupex

2. environment- windows server 2008 R2 Datacenter, 64Bit operating system, Active pearl 5.12.4.1205

3. Grant permissions to root user -
    Grant RELOAD, LOCK TABLES, REPLICATION CLIENT, FILE on *.* to 'root'@'localhost' identified by 'XXXXXXX';
    as recommended in http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/innobackupex/p rivileges.html

4. Flush privileges;

5. Execute Innobackupex - $ "C:/Program Files/xtrabackup-1.6.64bit/innobackupex.pl" --defaults-file="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQLInstance2/my.ini" --user=root --password=XXXXXXX D:/Xtrabackup/13306_1

I receive this error
    innobackupex.pl: Starting mysql with options: --password='XXXXXXX' --user='root' --unbuffered --
    111220 10:28:36 innobackupex.pl: Connected to database with mysql child process (pid=4740)
    innobackupex.pl: Error: mysql child process has died: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

does anyone have any idea what privilege is needed by this "mysql child process" or what to do to stop this?

Hi all, i am yet to solve this problem, but for testing purposes i implemented a workaround i have added the SKIP-GRANT-TABLES option in my .ini file and restarted mysql. Innobackupex now works. please note that this is on a dev instance so dont do this in production. i do hope that someone can find out why innobackupex was getting itself in a tight spot there with privileges on mysql.

Comment

That's not a privileges problem, it's an error with login credentials (authentication - not authorization).

Comment

Hi Baron

thanks for the observation. i am however baffled as to why it will say

innobackupex.pl: Starting mysql with options: --password='XXXXXXX' --user='root' --unbuffered --
        111220 10:28:36 innobackupex.pl: Connected to database with mysql child process (pid=4740)

if it actually is what you suggest it to be (authentication)? i am new to this MYSQL platform but that line seems to suggest that it connected to MYSQL with PID. How can all that be said without actually been authenticated?

chuks

Comment

innobackupex.pl forks off the child mysql process and then reports that it's connected, but it really has no idea whether it is or not.

Honestly, the way that innobackupex.pl communicates with the database is one of the most utterly stupid things I have ever seen. I have no idea why we continue to maintain that code. Using DBD::mysql is a no-brainer for this. Only a lawyer would think it makes sense to fork a child process and then start piping text to it.

Comment

Working...
          X