Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmatched LSN

Hello,

That is a quote from your documentation ( http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/percona-xtrabackup:xtraback up:incremental#preparing_the_backups):
    "The log sequence number should match the to_lsn of the base backup, which you saw previously."

But it never does for me.

$ xtrabackup_55 --backup --datadir=/my_dir/ --target-dir=/data/backups/base --defaults-file=/my_dir/data/my.cnf

xtrabackup: Transaction log of lsn (1172058792) to (1172058792) was copied.

$ /xtrabackup_55 --backup --target-dir=/data/backups/inc1 --incremental-basedir=/data/backups/base --datadir=/my_dir/ --defaults-file=/my_dir/data/my.cnf

xtrabackup: Transaction log of lsn (1172059221) to (1172059221) was copied.

$ xtrabackup_55 --prepare --apply-log-only --target-dir=/data/backups/base --defaults-file=/my_dir/data/my.cnf

110526 14:15:38 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 1172060122

Does it mean that my backup is corrupted?

You are looking at the documentation for the "prepare" functionality. It does not apply to the "backup" stage of the process, which is the source of the output you pasted.

Comment

Right, that's the "prepare" in my output. Where I should look for "1172060122" to compare with?

$ xtrabackup_55 --prepare --apply-log-only --target-dir=/data/backups/base --defaults-file=/my_dir/data/my.cnf

110526 14:15:38 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 1172060122

Comment

Working...
      X