X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to backup using SSL

We are trying to do a backup of Percona using XtraBackup on a instance that uses SSL. We are able to login simply by typing `mysql` with the mysql user because the user has a .my.cnf with:

Code:
    [client]

user="root"
    password="our-password-here"
    ssl-ca=/mysql/certs/ca-bundled.pem
    However when we try and run the XtraBackup with:
    Code:
    innobackupex --defaults-file=~/.my.cnf --stream=tar ./ | gzip - > ~/mysql.backup.tar.gz
    We are getting:

Code:
    140527 15:35:59  innobackupex: Connecting to MySQL server with DSN 'dbi:mysql:;mysql_read_default_file=~/.my.cnf;mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup' (using password: NO).
      innobackupex: Error: Failed to connect to MySQL server: DBI connect(';mysql_read_default_file=~/.my.cnf;mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup','',...) failed: SSL connection error at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 2945

Hi,

As .my.cnf is already in home dir, can you try to run innobackupex without --defaults-file option and check? Also try to check with --user and --password options if it works with that or not. Thanks.

Comment

Hi.

Tried without --defaults-file still getting:

Code:
      140623 13:03:33 innobackupex: Connecting to MySQL server with DSN 'dbi:mysql:;mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup' (using password: NO).
      innobackupex: Error: Failed to connect to MySQL server: DBI connect(';mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup','', ...) failed: SSL connection error at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 2995
      Then tried with: --user root and --password and got:

Code:
      140623 13:02:28 innobackupex: Connecting to MySQL server with DSN 'dbi:mysql:;mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup' as 'root' (using password: YES).
      innobackupex: Error: Failed to connect to MySQL server: DBI connect(';mysql_read_default_group=xtrabackup','ro ot',...) failed: SSL connection error at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 2995
      Any other ideas? I can confirm I am able to log into mysql with the user simply using:

mysql

It reads all the directives from ~/.my.cnf

Comment

Any updates on this? Blocking.

Comment

Any further ideas? This seems like a core bug in xtrabackup:

failed: SSL connection error at /usr/bin/innobackupex line 2995

Comment

Working...
          X