Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required module missing !!!

Hello all,

I am trying to install the "Percona Toolkit" on my Centos 5.8 server and after i try to execute the "rpm -ivh percona-toolkit-2.1.8-1.noarch.rpm" command, I get the following error :-

error: Failed dependencies:
    perl(DBD::mysql) >= 1.0 is needed by percona-toolkit-2.1.8-1.noarch

I am running MySQL version :- Distrib 5.1.61

Can any body let me know what do i need to do next ?

Install the package perl-DBD-MySQL to solve that dependency. In order to avoid future dependency problem I recommend you to configure the Percona repository and then use yum to install the package:

http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/repositories:yum

Comment

Hello miguelangelnieto,

Thank you for the prompt response, I shall give this a try and shall get back with an update.

Thank you

Comment

On a quick note, I hope this will not convert the default yum repository to percona, am i right ?

Comment

Our yum repository only contains percona software, the rest of the packages will be downloaded from official repos that you have configured.

Comment

So, do i need to change it back to Centos repository after i am done with "Percona Toolkit" ? for default operations ?

Thank you

Comment

You can have more than one repository. Your centos repositories + the percona one. If you don't want to deal with multiple repositories, just install perl-DBD-MySQL and then try again to install percona toolkit.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                X