Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pt-table-sync script

Hi All,

I am working on master-slave replication.
    Some how two table in slave are showing the difference when i ran pt-table-chekcsum.

The two tables which are having difference doesn't have unique index or primary key.
    i am getting follwoing error while running the table sync for one of the two tables.

Can't make changes on the master because no unique index exists at /usr/bin/pt-table-sync line 9241.

The pt-table-sync syntax i used is listed as follows:

pt-table-sync --print --sync-to-master --no-check-trigger --no-foreign-key-checks --replicate percona.checksum h="slave_host_name",P=port_no,D="DB_NAME",t="TABLE _NAME ",u="username",p="password".

later i found the option --no-check-slave can be used if no unique index are present on a table.

pt-table-sync --print --sync-to-master --no-check-trigger --no-foreign-key-checks --replicate percona.checksum --no-check-slave h="slave_host_name",P=port_no,D="DB_NAME",t="TABLE _NAME ",u="username",p="password".

Can some one please help with this issue..

Hi Magesh,

As per the documentation, "When there is no unique key on the table, there is no choice but to change the data on the slave, and pt-table-sync will detect that you're trying to do so. It will complain and die unless you specify --no-check-slave"

http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.1/pt-table-sync .html

Generally, its unsafe to make changes on slave directly but if you don't have any other way, you have to use --no-check-slave option. Because by default, pt-table-sync will always give error when there is no unique index on table.

Have you tried to use that option? are you facing any issue with that?

Comment

Hi,

I tried the with the option --no-check-slave and got the same error.

Below is the syntax i used.

pt-table-sync --print --sync-to-master --no-check-trigger --no-foreign-key-checks --replicate percona.checksum --no-check-slave h="slave_host_name",P=port_no,D="DB_NAME",t="TABLE _NAME ",u="username",p="password".

Comment

Hi,

I have tested the same scenario locally and I'm also getting the same error. Looks like its bug but still need to check completely. will let you know, as soon as I get some more information on this.

Comment

Hi Magesh,

While testing thoroughly, found out that you don't need to use --replicate and --sync-to-master options when you want to sync tables which doesn't have unique keys.

Because, when synchronizing a server that is a replication slave, with the --replicate or --sync-to-master methods, it always makes the changes on the replication master, never the replication slave directly. When it makes changes on master, it uses REPLACE which won't work unless there's a unique index.

So, when you'll run pt-table-sync without --replicate and --sync-to-master options. It makes changes on directly slave rather than master and syncs the tables without any error. I have tested it successfully.

Can you please check again without using above options and let me know if you face any issue?

Comment

Hi,

I had removed the --sync-to-master and --replicate option and tried the executing the same.

pt-table-sync --print --no-check-trigger --no-foreign-key-checks --no-check-slave h="trprsl3db02.intra.searshc.com",P=6446,D="suppli er_prod ",t="explore_market_results",u="backup",p="erplex1 ng" > sbd02_explore_market_results.sql

I got the following error:

Usage: pt-table-sync [OPTION...] DSN [DSN...]

Errors in command-line arguments:
            * At least one DSN is required, and at least two are required unless --sync-to-master or --replicate is specified

pt-table-sync synchronizes data efficiently between MySQL tables. For more
            details, please use the --help option, or try 'perldoc /usr/bin/pt-table-sync'
            for complete documentation.

Do i need to mention the master's IP, if it has to mentioned then should i just mention it before slave ip?

Comment

Hi,

Yes,you have to mentioned two DSNs, master and slave servers. i.e

pt-table-sync h=, P= ,D="supplier_prod ",t="explore_market_results",u="backup",p="erplex1 ng" h="trprsl3db02.intra.searshc.com",P=6446 --print --no-check-trigger --no-foreign-key-checks --no-check-slave > sbd02_explore_market_results.sql

I assume that trprsl3db02.intra.searshc.com is slave server.

Comment

Hi Joshi,

I tried the following syntax:

pt-table-sync h=master_IP,P=master_port,D="database_name",t="tab le_name ",u="usename",p="password",h=slave_ip,P=slave_ port --print --no-check-trigger --no-foreign-key-checks --no-check-slave

got the below output

Usage: pt-table-sync [OPTION...] DSN [DSN...]

Errors in command-line arguments:
                * At least one DSN is required, and at least two are required unless --sync-to-master or --replicate is specified

pt-table-sync synchronizes data efficiently between MySQL tables. For more
                details, please use the --help option, or try 'perldoc /usr/bin/pt-table-sync'
                for complete documentation.

Comment

Hi,

Keep space between two DSN rather than comma and try again. (p="password",h=slave_ip) should be like (p="password" h=slave_ip)

Comment

Working...
                  X