GET 24/7 LIVE HELP NOW

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get Pt-table-checksum to show diffs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get Pt-table-checksum to show diffs?

I am using Pt-table-checksum to verify replication integrity. I have intentionally changed a column in a row in one of my replicas. Here is what I did-

pt-table-checksum "h=192.168.1.86,u=replication,p=replication,P=3320 " --function=MD5 --databases=test

and the output I get is

TS ERRORS DIFFS ROWS CHUNKS SKIPPED TIME TABLE09-04T18:21:46 0 0 3 1 0 0.112 test.xyz

My question is, should not the DIFFS column in the output say 1 instead of 0? What am I missing here?

Can Pt-table-checksum also tell the diffs in the replicas by pin pointing to that row?

Hi, It should work. I have tested locally with simple master-slave replication.

On Master,

mysql> select count(*) from nil.test1;+----------+| count(*) |+----------+| 12 |+----------+1 row in set (0.00 sec)

On slave,

mysql> select count(*) from nil.test1;+----------+| count(*) |+----------+| 8 |+----------+1 row in set (0.00 sec)

See below,

nil@Dell-System-XPS-L502X:~$ pt-table-checksum -h 127.0.0.1 -u user -ppass --port=19771 --databases=nil TS ERRORS DIFFS ROWS CHUNKS SKIPPED TIME TABLE09-13T13:59:25 0 1 12 1 0 0.716 nil.test109-13T13:59:26 0 0 0 1 0 0.634 nil.test2

Can you try again to check that pt-table-checksum can able to connect to slave or not?

pt-table-checksum, only tell the differences in the replicas but If you want to check which data differences are there than you can use pt-table-sync utility with --print option. It will give you "REPLACE INTO" queries of differences.

http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.1/pt-table-sync .html

Comment

Tried again, but it simply does not work for me. But I see that this_crc is different from master_crc.

Both Master and Slave have MySQL version: 5.1.36-community-log

Quote:
      Can you try again to check that pt-table-checksum can able to connect to slave or not?
      As far as I have understood pt-table-checksum, replication integrity is found *only* through replication. And Pt-table-checksum has to connect to the Master server only. Am I mistaken?

Comment

Hi, you can also run below query to find out the difference.

SELECT db, tbl, SUM(this_cnt) AS total_rows, COUNT(*) AS chunks
        FROM percona.checksums WHERE (master_cnt <> this_cnt OR master_crc <> this_crc OR ISNULL(master_crc) <> ISNULL(this_crc))
        GROUP BY db, tbl;

>As far as I have understood pt-table-checksum, replication integrity is found *only* through replication. And Pt-table-checksum has to connect to the Master server only. Am I mistaken?

Nope, you are right. pt-table_checksum will connect to Master server and checked integrity through replication.

Can you provide all your steps to test this utility? It might help to troubleshoot the issue.

Comment

Nothing special. I have a simple Master-Slave set up both running version: 5.1.36-community-log I changed a column on the slave and pt-table-checksum does not show any any difference in the DIFF column in the output.

Percona Toolkit version: v2.1.3

Is there anything specific that you are looking for? I will be happy to provide more details.

Comment

Working...
          X