Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percona Monitoring plugin for Nagios to monitor MySQL.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percona Monitoring plugin for Nagios to monitor MySQL.

Hi All,

I got a request from my client that i need to monitor MySQL databases . My L3 client team has suggested to gor Percona Plugins for Nagios as our entire environment is under Nagios.

It would be fine if anyone can help me on this.

Actually my Environment of MySQL is a Zimbra MySQL . Not much to work on MySQL . 95% will be under Zimbra. I need to install the plugins and monitor the database .

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
    subash

Our monitoring plugins are bash scripts compatible with Nagios to check things like replication, load and so on:

http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-monitoring-plugins/nagios /index.html

You have to use them like any other nagios plugin. So the first you need to do is to have a Nagios server already running and the nrpe agent installed on the zimbra server. Then just copy our monitoring plugins to the place where nagios plugins are stored in your linux distribution and configure them. If you have any other more specific question we can try to help you.

If you are not a Nagios expert you can use http://www.centreon.com I used it before and it's a very good tool to create a nagios instance and configure it using a web interface.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your update . I have a doubt that , do we need to create any database user with necessary privileges to configure the plugins in the nagios

Please find the below sample command

• define command{
      command_name check-mysql-processlist
      command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-processlist -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$

When we update the command , we need to update the user right , is that the database user...

Please help me on this....

Comment

Yes, those nagios plugins need access to the database to gather status information, so you need a user and password. In that case the command accepts user, password and hostname as parameters. That means that you can define the command once and use it multiple times using different parameters.

Comment

Thanks for the information . I will be implementing the same with in next two days . Will get back to you if i face any prob....

Comment

Hi,

when i execute the below plugin , it gives me the error that INNODB_TRX table is not exists . These innodb related tables data can be seen in mysql 5.5 . I agree . But in percona , its mentioned that , these plugins will work for mysql 5.0 and later version . But seeing the current scenario , its not working . So can you please tell me , how can i monitor the innodb transactions.

[~/percona-monitoring-plugins-1.0.2/nagios/bin]$ sh pmp-check-mysql-innodb
            OK The INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_% tables don't exist.

Comment

The tool checks three different things:

- idle_blocker_duration. This information can only be get from INFORMATION_SCHEMA (I_S).
              - waiter_count. This information can be get from I_S and SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS.
              - max_duration. This information can be get from I_S and SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS.

idle_blocker_duration is the default one and it is not compatible with 5.0. Instead you can use max_duration that will use SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS and will alert you if there is any transaction active for a long time.

pmp-check-mysql-innodb -C max_duration

The difference between the default one (idle_blocker_duration) and max_duration is that idle_blocker_duration will only alert if the blocking transaction is idle. max_duration will alert regardless of the status of the transaction.

Comment

The Check ./pmp-check-pt-table-checksum get the error: UNK couldn't query the checksum table.

If i try ./pmp-check-pt-table-checksum -l root -p xyz -P 3307 -S /tmp/mysql.sock i get: UNK table 'percona.checksums' doesn't exist.

I dont know what to do.

Comment

The plugin relies on the pt-table-checksum tool and its table percona.checksums. You have to run the tool prior to the checking for diffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X